Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rifle display case

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rifle display case
    Posted: July 14 2016 at 3:55pm
I figured this sub-forum would be the right place for this post. Yesterday I came into possession of this fold up (suit case style) case with openings for 6 rifles. Heavy duty all the way and it weighs a lot! Nice purple felt lining with a shallow storage area under the felt lined shelf. This thing is quality built and the handles and locking fittings are massive. Here are 6 of my rifles on display in my living room which doubles as a storage room (one of the nice things about being a single guy!). From left to right is a newly restored 'blonde' 1943 LB, 1941 LB with bayo and plastic scabbard, 1943 Savage, 1943 BSA, 1947 BSA #5/mk1 and an EAL all of which have matching #'s, 2 including the magazines.    
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
25-5 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2016 at 4:15pm
Very nice collection.  I only have one Enfield, and I keep it in the basement.
So you're living room is your basement?  I like the concept. 
For the pikes must be together at the rising of the moon.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2016 at 4:17pm
Thanks and yes, it works for me and only me! I live in my man cave.
evanguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evanguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2016 at 7:08pm
Nice collection of rifles you have there!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2016 at 7:10pm
..& just where did you find this item?

That would be a good fixture for my hunt group / cabin.

I too am single (well, my cat may dispute that.) But my "man-cave" is the whole dwelling. ergo, I have rifles & pieces parts, & drums etc all over the place. (But I never cover up the bed or my office)
Loose wimmen tightened here
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2016 at 7:20pm
very nice , thanks for sharing the idea - im working on racks for my gun room right now
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2016 at 7:52pm
I came upon it from a non-gunny buddy of mine, my gold mining associate. He found it propped up against one of those big blue industrial sized garbage bins, just sitting there. He asked around if any body knew who owned it and nobody knew so......Bob's 'yer uncle.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2016 at 7:57pm
Hoadie, my place is the same as your's. And my cat is also the undisputed master of my domain, lol. Heck, my so called kitchen table is a pseudo gunsmithing bench, cleaning area and assembly place. That's my black cat named Cheeko. He likes guns and sitting inside soft foamy gun cases.He has a liking for my #4/Parker Hale, just something about it he likes so much.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 4:05am
Canuck - I learnt my lesson the hard way - when I was married.
I wanted to do a "mass cleaning" of some of my rifles / guns.

Well, that destroyed the bathtub. Wife freaked-out on me.(No sense of humour or generosity) She couldn't take her bath..so it cost me $2,300.

Now - I have old (concrete) wash tubs in the basement, & no-one to tell me to pick up / put away my pieces parts.

Its nirvana! (Fannys yer aunt!)
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 5:42am
Lucky people, if we tried a display cabinet that in the UK the firearms team would soon have them away. Wish I could win the lottery buy a big country house and have 1 room set up like a huge safe with racks of guns, reload kit on the benches and bookcases full of manuals.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 6:56am
Originally posted by Tony Tony wrote:

Lucky people, if we tried a display cabinet that in the UK the firearms team would soon have them away. Wish I could win the lottery buy a big country house and have 1 room set up like a huge safe with racks of guns, reload kit on the benches and bookcases full of manuals.

Like mine !!!!   Its a bit more cluttered now than when Hoadie and Joe came down the last time !!!

"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 2:17pm
My idea of Heaven on earth.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 3:03pm
Mine too! I like it " Rhino`s
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 3:46pm
Picture of unit without rifles.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 6:20pm
that looks to be a salesmans sample display , i like it - most of my uncles are gone now and none ever helped me out so ....just sayin , 

like WRs setup a lot , my room is much smaller , 
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2016 at 7:17pm
If it was a salesman's sample case the salesman better have arms like a weight lifter because it weighs about 75 pounds plus!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic