Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A few Enfield sporters...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollowedpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A few Enfield sporters...
    Posted: September 02 2016 at 3:59pm
Hey guys I love the forum and figured I try put a few pics of mine! :)
The first 2 are Churchill no.4's and other is a old school Canuck sporter from back in the day!

Neat machining of the charger.

And my personal fav, Just got it a week ago!
Super short, handy and I think a Judd Ltd Ontario custom rifle stock!? I don't know nothing about except they made wood furniture.

Hope you enjoyed looking! Maybe post a few of yours?? :)
daneko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2016 at 11:15am
nice pics,those are classy.the one on the right [home job]?nicely done.
I have a soft spot for enfield sporters.have brought back a few from bubba land,
as to commercial rifles. I have golden state/sante fe examples two 1944 models
[cut down military stocks new sights nice blue job] a jungle made from a number 4
and a 44 supreme the fancy model.its done well, but not up to the churchill finish.
wish I could do pics im just not good at at. my goal for enfield sporters? a bsa lee speed. might have to sell some stuff for that one....
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2016 at 4:39pm
H.P.:
Not criticizin...just askin..shortage of mags?
We have people for that
Loose wimmen tightened here
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2016 at 5:32am
My sporterized No5 Mk1.
A "Guberment Issue Sporter" if ever there was one!

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2016 at 7:42pm
beautiful rifles , congrats 
hollowedpoint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollowedpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2016 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

H.P.:
Not criticizin...just askin..shortage of mags?
We have people for that

Not sure what ya mean hoadie?, all have 5/6 six shot mag's and one ten!

Originally posted by daneko daneko wrote:

nice pics,those are classy.the one on the right [home job]?nicely done.
I have a soft spot for enfield sporters.have brought back a few from bubba land,
as to commercial rifles. I have golden state/sante fe examples two 1944 models
[cut down military stocks new sights nice blue job] a jungle made from a number 4
and a 44 supreme the fancy model.its done well, but not up to the churchill finish.
wish I could do pics im just not good at at. my goal for enfield sporters? a bsa lee speed. might have to sell some stuff for that one....

Oh man I would probably jump on a nice Sante fe sporter especially if it had the Japanese 5 round mag, those are nice and not seen very often in Canada.
Don't even get me started on the beauty of those old BSA lee speeds!

Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

My sporterized No5 Mk1.
A "Guberment Issue Sporter" if ever there was one!

I'm really digging the beefy pistol grip and the scope, Thanks for nice pic :) I may have to scope one eventually! Maybe I'll try find a old Parker hale side scope mount or just pick up the newer made Williams's side mounts, as I like to have access to the iron sights just in case!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollowedpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2016 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

beautiful rifles , congrats 

Thank you! I can't wait to bag a moose or elk with one soon!
Von Gruff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Von Gruff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2016 at 5:46pm
These are a couple I built. A 303 and a 400

I have got the correct magazine for the 303 since then though
Von Gruff

The ability to do comes with doing.   

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2016 at 8:21pm
so many that could have been saved ................sorry im seeing some i might have wanted as originals , yet i understand perfectly why the conversion was made , and why the originals were made , and  i do appreciate the beauty of these as they are , 
Von Gruff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Von Gruff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2016 at 12:09am
Sometimes when we start with just an action there is not anything that could constitute even a start for an original although I have always wanted to put together/build and stock an originalstyled  MLE.
Von Gruff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hollowedpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2016 at 11:52am
Von gruff - I'm pretty sure I seen/stalked your sporters and work on nitro express, You have amazing skill! Thanks for posting your rifles.... Drool* I really love the stocks they must feel excellent for hunting!
Von Gruff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Von Gruff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2016 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by hollowedpoint hollowedpoint wrote:

Von gruff - I'm pretty sure I seen/stalked your sporters and work on nitro express, You have amazing skill! Thanks for posting your rifles.... Drool* I really love the stocks they must feel excellent for hunting!
I left you a PM on NE hollowedpoint 
Thank you and they certainly do feel good in hand, are quick to mount and point where you look. Having had a few genuine Lee Speeds in hand , I really understood why they were so sought after in their hayday and are still held in high esteem today. While there are many differencies between many of the lee Speeds I was able to make a compromise pattern from the three that found their way into my shed at one time.  I have built them for a number of 303's a 35-303 and a 375x2 1/2 as well. I really do enjoy making these stock sets and have sent a few off to guys over the last couple of years.
Von Gruff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollowedpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2016 at 11:43am
Thank you very much Von gruff! Your insight is much appreciated.
It looks to be quite a job definitely past my skill! amazing :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic