Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Info for New Enfield Owners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New membre from Belgium with 1st L-E

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2016 at 3:10pm
OK try this:
in Photobucket click on the "direct" link from the options in the popup box when you click to "share" the image.
in the post manually type (left square brace) "img" (right square brace) then paste the link.immediately after the text link type (left square brace) "/img" (right square brace). it should look like this, but with the "[" symbols replacing the "{" I'm using to not confuse the forum.
{img}picture data from photobucket{/img}

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2016 at 3:28pm
Trying something, bear with me.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/Othe!!o041990/Lee-Enfield%20N4%20MkI%20complet_zps0qbr7uee.jpg" />

OK that didn't work either. The above is the exact string of text you have pasted into your link, but PB can't locate what it refers to. That's why you're getting all the errors.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2016 at 3:30pm
Now if you click on the magenta text it goes to your bucket. What is messing it up is everything else after the color change of the type.
Now I went to your album, (using the magenta test), clicked "share" on this image, then clicked on the "direct" option. & I'm going to try 2 ways to get it to post.
Method 1, use the tree (image)icon in the header of the dialog box.
To make it work you have to delete the automatic HTTP the site adds.

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2016 at 3:36pm
Method 2:
Manually type (as from the previous post), ignoring the post image icon entirely.

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2016 at 3:36pm
OK your problem is the leading "HTTP//" remove delete or don't use it.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2016 at 3:47pm
..Holy Smokes!! That's our own beloved Tony in those pics!! Dang cute, aint he
Loose wimmen tightened here
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2016 at 7:54pm
im not commenting on tony here - ive not had issues with posting with photobucket here , but i have had issues with photobucket - lost all my old photos in a crash a number of years back , ill wait patiently 
Andre-Richard View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre-Richard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2016 at 1:09am
Without "HTTP//" then :

Does'nt work either... I tried to post (using full length link)on 24hourcampfire.com, a site I have'nt visited for some time and voilĂ  :

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11433199#Post11433199

it works !
Andre
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre-Richard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2016 at 1:21am
Could be that I'm hard headed, but it's hard to give up. I'll challenge the colour hypothesis and post all in black...

"Preview" shows the pics and now, I'm hitting "post reply".
Andre
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre-Richard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2016 at 1:53am
Andre
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2016 at 5:23am
We have a misunderstanding.
The color is just HTML's method of denoting what bit of a text string is a link. just changing the color won't fix it.
Whats happening is your text string from PB starts with the "HTTP//" identifier, when you link into the forum it automatically adds a second "HTTP//". If you remove both its also messed up. What is needed is a single HTTP prefix. That's what I did with the pics of the dog. If there's none it doesn't know what to do with the text, if there's 2 it thinks your filename begins with "HTTP//HTTP//" & cant find it so it gives the error message.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre-Richard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2016 at 7:45am
I tried this before, to no avail : {img}http....link...[/img]

Andre
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2016 at 8:34am
the "{" & "}" at the first "img" should also be "[" & "]"
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2016 at 9:03am
This is using the "direct" link from your album on PB with "img" tags added manually.

like this:

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre-Richard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2016 at 12:46am
OK Shamu, in my post above (4:45) I typed a"{" so as not to initiate a fruit less research.  I used "[" and ] when posting.  I did exactly as you just showed :

"Preview" shows the  pic and when I press "post reply"

Andre
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2016 at 11:35am
I don't use photobucket at all. I have an I-Mac computer, so just export the photo to documents and size it medium size JPEG. Then select it from the documents when using the photo icon in the  "Post Reply " menu (not the quick reply).
I'm no computer expert; but would that not be possible on Window's as well?
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic