Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Political
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting times for US politics!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interesting times for US politics!
    Posted: November 08 2016 at 11:30pm
Looks like Trump is on the way to the Whitehouse. 245 to 218 at 08.00 this morning Paris time.

I hope it's good for the US people and also good for the rest of the world! a successful business man should be able to make a successful president. Let's hope so!
Interesting times indeed!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2016 at 5:10am
I am pleased with this, Zed.   Much more so than the other choice.  Not in the US, so what I think doesn't count though!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2016 at 5:12am
He got in.
I think he was the lesser of 2 evils. He changed horses in mid stream so may times I hope we didn't fall for a con job. There really wasn't much choice it was that Trump MIGHT screw us over, but we KNEW Hillary absolutely WOULD.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2016 at 7:42am
It is interesting already. The amount of anger being thrown out by Clinton supporters this morning is just outrageous. Mind you, these are the same types of individuals who would call everyone racist for not agreeing with every iota of what President Obama has to say on things. Funny how they throw epic tantrums when the election didn't turn out in their favor.
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2016 at 8:30am
The WOR!d is free again!

White Rhino it is OK for you to come home.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2016 at 8:58am
I think Hillary's biggest mistake was to start believing her own propaganda, no matter what the facts said.
Poll after poll said "there's enough gun control" but she kept on flogging that dead horse.

Then she alienated a lot of voters with her acidic comments & declarations of not just one or two, but dozens of groups she hated. She had no clue that she was using the same strategic & tactical handbook that Hitler did, & it was the equivalent of his invading the U.S.S.R. & in the end, it produced the same result.

She lost, not because she lacked support initially, but because she alienated so many over such a wide range. She lost the support of many even within her own supporters after the Sanders debacle, but kept right on as though nothing had happened. She chiseled her support below 50%, many polls said so, but she either wouldn't, or couldn't listen.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2016 at 9:08am
My cats are really happy today.

They are waiting for the flood of Democratic rats running out of Washington to arrive.

I think North Catalina will put up a wall to keep them out.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2016 at 10:14am
Now for the humorous side.... I was checking FaceBook and there is always those recommended articles that show up in the feed. First one I saw was an article titled "How to Move to Canada and Become a Canadian Citizen".... That had me about splitting my side laughing LOL
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2016 at 11:45am
Have you seen the pictures of Trump character in the Simpsons in 2000 as President and equivalent photos of real Trump! it's spooky how the two are similar.

EDIT: apparently the cartoon is actually a spoof from this year, even so it's worth a look!
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2016 at 8:09pm
I find it very disquieting when someone decides they are going to control the people, as Hilary did.  
We have seen it before and it is never good. 
We have it up here at present.........Who elected the bafoons??  Nobody is letting on that they did!
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 8:21am
I heard that Miley Cyrus, Amy Schummer et.al. who said they would move to  canada if Trump was elected will not be moving. The Canadian Government said that they are not welcome because Canada   has enough Snowflakes already.
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 9:36am
Originally posted by SW28fan SW28fan wrote:

I heard that Miley Cyrus, Amy Schummer et.al. who said they would move to  canada if Trump was elected will not be moving. The Canadian Government said that they are not welcome because Canada   has enough Snowflakes already.

I like that, Snowflake's!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 9:36am
All these celebs are just "hats", none are "cattle".
I'll bet you an internet they'll be here whining years from now.

Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 10:42am
Speaking of snowflakes.... Lots of professors at a bunch of colleges cancelled classes and postponed tests and quizzes yesterday so that they could "cope with the shock of the election". Welcome to the safe place, participation trophy generation.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 11:05am
I think some of the "we have college education so are more important" brigade have not understood the basic fact that the vote of a working class or homeless man is worth the same as there vote. 
What is impressive is how a billionaire was able to communicate and motivate the working class. That type of negociating skill's do not seem to have been recognised by the Clinton camp and that's probably part of why the lost. To be honest, it's going to fun watching how he gets on; just hoping he doesn't press the big RED buttonConfused
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2016 at 12:01pm
China has already sent a warning about protectionism on Trumps' part. This is going to be a serious paradigm shift type of time we will be living through and many parts of the world will be feeling it.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic