Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAKE #4/MK1 magazines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FAKE #4/MK1 magazines
    Posted: July 14 2017 at 4:01pm
BEWARE the fake magazines being sold by T.E.C TRADEX in Canada. They are fakes NOT advertised as such and will NOT function rounds into a chamber. Much work is needed to make them function. Ask me how I know? Being sold for $40 Canadian each. Reproductions made to look lightly scuffed up but the platform and spring is faulty and the rear locking spine extends past the box at the rear. FAKE FAZ stamp on the spines too. See this auxiliary spring? Not usable at all, most wont even line up to the spring nipple.A couple buddies made the same orders and all of theirs are fake as well. VERY BAD business practice. Lost us as potential customers now and they won't pay for the shipping for their return but did offer a refund. So we are each out $100 in shipping. I'm mad a he!! and am not going to take it anymore.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2017 at 4:29pm
Are these the ones out of the UK?

I see that you got them through Tradex.
Price is a lot lower than the Brit repop ones, so probably not.
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2017 at 4:51pm
Not certain where they came from but one buddy says they are very similar to the ones made in Italy. That's all I know right now.
Pedro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2017 at 5:23pm
Aha - Italy. Maybe from the same source as the charger clips that emanate from the land of Pizza that are just as poor. They stack 'em high and sell 'em cheap. But you find the gauge of the metal is too thick, with the result that it's got no give in it, it's too tight so it's the Devil's own job to get the rounds into them and it's nigh on impossible to actually push 5 rounds out of them into the rifle.
Pedro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2017 at 5:33pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyT0ISeBT8w
Here's some that have been made in the UK and are for sale here. They don't purport to be originals at all and I can't comment on how good they are in practice, although they seem to look okay from what I can see on the you tube "clip" (accidental pun there).
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2017 at 5:50pm
Thanks Pedro!
englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2017 at 6:43pm
Has anybody ever tried these ones?

I was just on the point of ordering a five rounder for my cav carbine
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2017 at 3:05am
I never buy 'New' magazines or Charger clips.
I always buy well used ones, well the guns they are going in are used. I have never had any trouble.
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2017 at 8:52am
A few years ago I l lucked into an original sealed box of 5-#4 magazines out of England. They were real ones. Two years ago I bought 5 Long Branch brand new magazines from a Canadian retail merchant and they were also very real. I use brand new mags in my #4 restorations for the esthetic value and original functioning quality. I assumed these 20 I bought would be the same but was sadly disappointed. I'm returning these fakes and swallowing the shipping loss as well. I seldom ever get burned on any deals but this one......I posted this article in the hopes that my fellow enthusiasts could benefit from my experience, not to whine and lick my wounds.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2017 at 2:37pm
perhaps it should be posted to other forums as well(if there is any...)
Loose wimmen tightened here
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2017 at 6:34pm
Hoadie, yes it has been posted in several locations. I just found out from an Enfield expert that these magazines were and are still being made in China.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2017 at 8:25pm
great post - great info , ive not been in the market for such but its good to know where to stear clear of , its what these sites are for , thanks 
Pedro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2017 at 12:13pm
Regarding the charger/stripper clips, I've had occasion to buy a few on ebay, obviously in the UK. I got two different types. One being, I believe, original and worked well, the other being Italian ones that were about as good as chocolate fireguards.
The difference between them, if you look at them in photographs is the bumps you find on the side, two each side. The fake ones had a simple nipple-like bump and the good ones bumps were shaped like a teardrop.

I don't know if this is definitive, in that some may be good and not have teardrop bumps, but hope that is helpful to anyone looking to buy clips online. I'll see if I can put some photos up to illustrate.
Pedro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2017 at 12:20pm

So, the ones at the top have the teardrop shaped bump on the side and in my experience work well. The ones on the bottom have a circular bump and tend to be best at ensuring you have more grey hairs. As I say, that's just my experience. You may well find some like the bottom photo that work well.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2017 at 1:38pm
There were some round milspec buttoned ones, but the parkerised Italian was the pits. My guideline is blued are fine but parked are rubbish. The teardrop type is the best IMO though.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
evanguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evanguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2017 at 1:52pm
Canuck, are you on cgn? Tradex has a post telling folks about the mags and people are loving the price and ordering them? Wanna post in that thread? Or atleast see if tradex will post in their add they are fake?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic