Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Great days

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2018 at 9:24am
Nice, enjoy it. Is the shed/barn part of it as well?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2018 at 11:06am
Everything in the picture is my property. Total of 6 acres on the corner of the section. Once I get settled I will get my camera out to take some better pictures.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2018 at 12:24pm
Good on ya, bear!!
Man, talk about FLAT!
Hey-is that Washington State I see in the background distance?
Loose wimmen tightened here
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2018 at 3:45pm
Bear methinks you need some ,yard art, in the form of old semi derelict farm trucks and old cars......very nice property I envy you!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2018 at 3:57pm
nice looking place , you will have it ship shape in no time , enjoy it , take your time , 
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2018 at 3:30am
Canuck, what you can't see are the 3 1963 Chevy pickups and the 1968 Chevy Impala that are sitting in the back

I am pretty excited but I did have my first surprise. The tank on the toilet broke. There wasn't any heat in the house this winter and even though everything was drained the cold was too much for the porcelain on the toilet. So that will be my first thing to replace now.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2018 at 8:07pm
not a big deal to become a plumber for a day - research if you need to , it is an easy fix - shut off the water first , 
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2018 at 11:40am
Looks like you have a great place there Bear. You'll probably learn the extra skill's for plumbing and building repairs as you go. That's what I've found over the last 12 years since we bought our house. It is about 200 years old; so lot's to do. Hopefully it will be finished this year! The budget for work is restricted when your still paying for the property. 
My advice is take your time and do the best job you can. But obviously start with the toilet!!LOL
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2018 at 11:56am
Toilet? How many acres you got? I live in town and my wife is still trying to get me from going around the corner bush to pee!
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2018 at 1:44pm
Heck, I was thinking about putting up an outhouse for emergencies!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2018 at 2:14pm
Do yourself a favor, based on horrible experience, get a new wax ring anyway!
Censored
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2018 at 3:54pm
I do plan to do so. Years ago my grandfather was replacing a toilet and as I watched he said to always replace the wax ring. Never trust how it looks, just replace it. I figure he must have learned that the hard way.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2018 at 3:58pm
i think we all do that replace one at some oint in time .... and when you are wiring turn off the breakers to be safe , yes , sometimes i wired hot in the past but im not as agile as i once was , 
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2018 at 4:13pm
Wax gasket. Best $10 investment you'll have. When fixing wiring, as mentioned, use the breaker. I'm guilty of just using the switch, but got nailed once with a three way switch I forgot about!
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2018 at 12:45am
My place is still not finished; but we've done quite a lot. The wife is very handy with a cement mixer; which is useful. But her real job title is "Inspector of unfinished works"!  always pointing out faults before the jobs done!!
Here's a few before and after shot's . Our workshop rebuild. I was quoted 33,000 Euros by a local firm to renovate it. We did it ourselves for 3,000 Euros. 

And the kitchen: Demolition and then almost completed for Christmas 2015.

There's still more to do; but we're getting there!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2018 at 8:24am
Nice pictures, Zed! Quite a difference in cost in doing things yourself. I can handle most things or I have friends that can handle what I can't so I am hoping to keep costs down my taking advantage of that. The supplies usually aren't bad, it's those labor prices that get a person.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic