Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Assault Weapons Ban of 2017- Who didn't expect thi
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Assault Weapons Ban of 2017- Who didn't expect thi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckeye55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Assault Weapons Ban of 2017- Who didn't expect thi
    Posted: November 09 2017 at 5:48am
After two mass shootings you had to be expecting this.

They probably had it all typed up just waiting to slap a date on it.

I would urge you to write your Senator and Representative a well worded pleae to vote this down.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2017 at 11:00am
WOW, someone's been busy with that list. Should put half of the US firearms manufacturer's out of business if it goes through.
Why don't they just control the criminal and mentally ill people and stop them getting the weapons and ammunition. It's got to easier and also more cost effective. Because having to buy all those "illegal" weapons back will be one he!! of an invoice!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2017 at 1:53pm
Its basically a cut & paste of California's.

"Why don't they just control the criminal and mentally ill people and stop them getting the weapons and ammunition."

Because then they won't have a problem to solve or a soapbox to stand on. They love to "find" a problem that no-one else knows about so they can "Fix It".
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2017 at 5:06pm
shamu has that right , they dont really want to fix anything - they love taking things away and restricting our freedoms ,

the problem with this last one is their law failed because the air force failed to file the documents , i wonder how many others have not been filed ? this is a case of government employees not doing what the government passed a law to do , 

the guns are not at fault , the criminal minds are and those need to be dealt with - there was way more than ample evidence to confine this particular one known to way to many , [they should be held accountable ?] 

this has been repeated over and over with always - someone knew or had reason to suspect what was coming and ignored it , from the school shooting at sandyhook to the theater shooting in colorado , 

we need to deal with the criminal minds [ the mentally ill] that should not be walking among us , just like we need to deal with the criminals that are currently waltzing through our judicial system with nothing but a slap on the hand , and YES , i do mean life sentences should be 'life' no parole ever , 
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2017 at 1:59am
You can place a loaded gun on a table. It will be harmless until someone picks it up.

Leave the guns alone and regulate the people who have access to them.
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2017 at 10:05am
We received e-mails from the French Shooting Federation saying that no camouflage or military or Police type clothing will be allowed when shooting competitions. This is so the general public don't get the wrong idea! So I'm not sure now If I can use my USMC shooting jacket with the elbow protections etc.
Maybe I'll use my old Diner Jacket and bow tie for the service rifle competitions; although it might not be allowed for Pistol shooting! Too much like James Bond! Oh Dammmmnn!!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2017 at 1:35pm
I had one of those canvas padded USMC jackets, they were really nice for an inexpensive jacket. (Inexpensive, when compared to the "Leather straitjackets with the 50 buckles & adjustable straps" that is.

Is yours O.D or black?

It my be getting like Bisley with no camo perhaps?
(at least I hope so.)
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2017 at 5:13pm
good thing we dont have that rule here , half my currect clothing has cammo of some type on it , a fellow at work has a cammo truck[brand new dodge pickup] very nice looking , i have cammo stuff dating to the VN 60s and up to real tree types of current issue , i have a pair of hip waders i fish in that are 'army digital cammo' hope i dont get missunderstood ....er to he!! with those that do , 
Pedro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2017 at 5:31pm
But the thing is, as far as I know all those terrorists who have been popping up in France and other countries, causing mayhem and then mostly getting killed aren't wearing camo clothing. In fact, Army personnel are more likely to be seen in it.
Maybe they would be better off banning beards or something. 
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2017 at 8:12pm
I doubt the AWB.17 will go anywhere, for two reasons

1.  The shooter in Texas should have been banned from buying firearms because of his criminal conviction, but an idiot in the Air Force didn't pass on the information to National Data base.  Which is required by Law

2 He was stopped by someone using an AR-15
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2017 at 9:20am
Originally posted by SW28fan SW28fan wrote:

I doubt the AWB.17 will go anywhere, for two reasons

1.  The shooter in Texas should have been banned from buying firearms because of his criminal conviction, but an idiot in the Air Force didn't pass on the information to National Data base.  Which is required by Law

2 He was stopped by someone using an AR-15

All very true, but:

Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2017 at 2:11pm
I was speaking to a colleague at our shooting club today about the e-mail from the Federation. He explained that it only concern's ISSF shooters; so us Service Rifle types should be OK with our USMC vests.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic