Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Labor of love?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Labor of love?
    Posted: January 29 2018 at 3:40pm
I have been very diligent in locating everything I need to complete this labor of love project I've committed myself to. The photo shows what I've done so far. I know I'm missing a compass. "That's on it's way to me now." What am I missing,besides the transit chest. I have the correct leather sling as well. The irony here,"for me anyways," is I'm almost certain it would have been cheaper to buy a real one in the grand scheme of things. It is what it is though.
Any help in what I need to complete this would be greatly appreciated folks...
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2018 at 4:08pm
You should be very proud of you labors. There are many more poorly done replicas than you can imagine. Take pride in you labors Grasshopper.

The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2018 at 4:35pm
Superb effort and end result! Congrats on a job well done, sir!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2018 at 7:56pm
i like it , you did well , half the fun is the search and the other half is the caretaking over the years , accumulation has been my approach as ive never been able to fork over what it takes in a single stroke for what i might have liked to have , i do enjoy what i have been able to accumulate over the years and i have preserved wjhat ive found - as ive found it , it is a labor of love to me , 
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2018 at 5:24am
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

i like it , you did well , half the fun is the search and the other half is the caretaking over the years , accumulation has been my approach as ive never been able to fork over what it takes in a single stroke for what i might have liked to have , i do enjoy what i have been able to accumulate over the years and i have preserved wjhat ive found - as ive found it , it is a labor of love to me , 

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2018 at 8:29am
Some camo scrim for a sniper "do rag" & veil.
http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/ww2-british-scrim-scarf-product,13958
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2018 at 8:42am
Needs a '43 back up

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2018 at 12:28pm
Shouldn't that be the good ol "Wobberly Webberly" in .455, of course!
http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/da58b1ac8d4a439f87d67f48855c9c99/zardoz-ukeire-1974-sean-connery-dxkff0.jpg
Bumberclad entirely optional.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Cdn_Smith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cdn_Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2018 at 12:47pm
Very nice Sir!
Maybe a nice pattern 1907 bayonet, scabbard and frog for close in work?
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2018 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by MJ11 MJ11 wrote:

Needs a '43 back up

Well then. Let's get you down Arizona way so I can buy one of yours...
Cdn_Smith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cdn_Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2018 at 5:04pm
That is by far the worst picture of Sean Connery I have every seen. You cant erase that from memory. I need to see a James Bond image immediately to restore my great affection for this man.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2018 at 6:41pm
OK - i can play at the revolver game - and ot
hers but yes at the revolver game - 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2018 at 8:01pm
I only need one.
I'm willing to trade my 1851 Colt with two spare cylinders,a knife,and my drop holster.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2018 at 8:13pm
if your looking for a webley - enfield - or the S&W they are all available without loosing your fine percussion revolver ,

i just bought one of those 1851 navy's and an 1860 army , but neither are as a fancy as yours , im not really thinking to shoot black on a regular basis but wanted the option before i retire and cant afford it , i need some nice leather before i get serious and that might set me backwards a bit but then i dont plan to really retire for at least three years -god willing- so i can think on it a bit , i shoot SASS with smokeless now , 

FWIW - i did not realise i attached that photo of the remington canadian M1917 trigger guard markings , it was unintentional , but it is the american enfield - so maybe a valid transition ??? just sayin , 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2018 at 5:14am
I had to make alot of modifications to the rig to fit my needs. I added the sheath for the knife and then fixed the spare cylinder pouch to it as well. The pistol was in pieces when I found it at a yard sale. Paid $1.25 for it. I polished it and reblued it. It's quite a nice shooter too.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2018 at 6:52pm
fantastic - if'n you had two you would be well on your way to a SASS match 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic