Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First rifle for my daughter.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First rifle for my daughter.
    Posted: February 01 2018 at 4:21am
I've purchased a couple of new (cheap) air rifles so I can teach my daughter how to shoot.
These are the basic models that require pulling the barrel down to arm. That means she won't be able to arm it with out me or my wife present; safety is the order of the day. So she will have to learn all the rules while bursting ballons etc in the garden.
She will be 7 this month, and I promised her I'd teach her when she was 7. She was excited when we opened the box!
However I will have to make a new stock for her rifle because it's much too big. Had thought about cutting it down; but think it's probably better to make one from scratch.
The second rifle is for me, and the wife say's I need to get one for her as well.

Hopefully we'll have some fun with these this summer.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2018 at 5:21am
That is great! It is nice how your wife and daughter have an interest in shooting. That will make for some good family memories down the road.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2018 at 8:15am
Sounds like a lot of family fun to me!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2018 at 11:00am
Her she is with her new rifle. now I need to get to work on it for the stock.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2018 at 11:14am
Smiles like hers make the heart grow warmer! Yes that butt stock is almost the same length as her legs, LOL.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2018 at 12:36pm
My buddy in blighty bought an adjustable stock for his daughter. He can make it larger as she grows. We got Rhino to help us out on that one..& its PINK, as well!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2018 at 3:13pm
Cute! Gotta be a pink stock to match the gum boots!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2018 at 7:08pm
that smile says it all , you have the start of a new shooter there , tell her rifles are better than boys - ingrain that for a while , you two[three] will enjoy a number of years together doing this till the hormones kick in then all bets are off , 

yes --i have experience here , the good thing is if you raised them well they return with that same smile suggesting you shoot together again , and yes i have that experience as well , 
mine went to beijing , london , and rio for the olympics [as a volleyball coach] and still comes home to shoot with me , now she brings my grandkids , who could ask for more ? 
Pavia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pavia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2018 at 7:34pm
She could be the next Lyudmila Pavlichenko... a real hero.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyudmila_Pavlichenko
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2018 at 8:13pm

My daughter and her scoped Crossman pellet Rifle. She loves this thing and is an excellent shot.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2018 at 6:21pm
getting to shoot with your kids - it is what life is about , bullets or pellets , im in - you cannot go wrong here , 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2018 at 8:00pm

This was her very first time shooting anything. This was a proud daddy moment...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2018 at 11:18am
Sweet, there's nothing that can quite duplicate black powder.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2018 at 12:02pm
Nice!
Pavia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pavia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2018 at 4:35pm
The Enfield was blackpowder first. I’m sure some of you have and enjoy 3 band and 2 band Enfield 577 caliber rifles.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2018 at 12:12pm
yes , P1853 , snyder , Martini mk II 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic