Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What’s the best Lee-Enfield rifle movie?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 3:09pm
I thought the Wilmington-on-sea platoon had P-14's?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 6:46pm
ah well, maybe. Its bin a while
Loose wimmen tightened here
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 9:41pm
Gallipolli...yes - just watched it again the other evening , im in for this one , 
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 10:06pm
[QUOTE=hoadie] KOKODA..Tons of L/E (maltbys) in that one.

I would like to see that one as well.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2018 at 1:46am
How about ZULU?
Yes I know they were supposed to be Martini Henry's but if you look down the line you will see the cocking pieces moving. A lot of the rifles were Long Lee's.
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2018 at 4:22am
Dad's Army was P14's.
 (I have the complete set of DVD's! just don't have the time to watch them all!)
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2018 at 4:46am
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

I thought the Wilmington-on-sea platoon had P-14's?

The town was 'Walmington-On-Sea' and although the Home Guard had some P14's as well as a few SMLE's the largest number of rifles were in fact P17's sent over from the USA.

Because of ammunition differences many P17's had a red band painted on the stock.
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2018 at 4:21am
We have been watching a great series on Netflix. It's called "Peaky Blinder's". The history of a gang set in post WW1 Birmingham. It is very well played and written. Totally addictive after a couple of episodes.
We are at the end of the 4th (and last) series and it's really hotting up!
Plenty of Enfields, Webley pistols, the odd Lewis gun and possibly a Steyr -Solothurn S1-100. (could be a Lanchester 9mm) (yeah I had to look it up!)
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2018 at 5:02am
Awesome show. Just finished the series.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2018 at 9:11am
I've been watching an adult cartoon lately on Netflix. It's called F is for Family, starting American comedian Bill Burr. Set in the '70's, it's pretty funny. In Season 2, Episode 10, called "landing the plane" there is a attempted hijacking. At 22:41 into the episode, I think one of the police sharpshooters is aiming a Lee Enfield L42A1... funny where you see these iconic rifles pop up!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2018 at 3:11pm
For any "Andromeda" fans on here:
"At the end of time there will be 3 survivors! Tyr Anastasi, the cockroaches, & the Lee-Enfield!"
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic