Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not an Enfield post

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not an Enfield post
    Posted: February 04 2018 at 3:10pm
..........Tongue.........

I was invited out today by my FFL but there were conditions. LOL

He had just won a 1943 03A3 and wanted to compare it to my old dog.

His was much nicer looking but almost to nice. Stock proofs were like new and sharply cut.
Pardon my transgression. Ouch

The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2018 at 3:45pm
You are for given but only if you sleep with a Enfield under your pillow for a week.
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2018 at 3:47pm
nice looking rifle , remington or smith-corona ? inquiring minds ....
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2018 at 6:15pm
My son, for your penance I want you to say 3 Hail Mary's, three Our Father's and try to sin no more....just kidding, nice photos by the way!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2018 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

nice looking rifle , remington or smith-corona ? inquiring minds ....

Remington  371XXXX

..........Smile..........
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2018 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by paddyofurniture paddyofurniture wrote:

You are for given but only if you sleep with a Enfield under your pillow for a week.

New '53 Mk2 under the pillow.

............Cry..........
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2018 at 7:49pm
Hows yer shoulder AFTER THAT?
Loose wimmen tightened here
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2018 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Hows yer shoulder AFTER THAT?

Not as bad as I expected.

I only shot 25 rounds of LC 54 MATCH , no idea what the bullets weighed then 20 of 168g SMK's in LC 57 brass and ended with 16 of LC 69 M2 ball. Shoulder feels a little strange now. The rifle has a sharp recoil that makes me miss the brass Enfield butt-plate. Monday might be a bit uncomfortable. LOL

Next week my FFL wants to try my 1931 03 when he comes down to deliver my new 3 inch .44 special revolver. OMG I was pricing .44 special ammo! First you can't find it and when you ask for a quote it's $52 a box of 50 of std. ball or $35 for a 20 round box of some high performance junk. .44 MAG is only $29 for 50. I bought 150 .44 SPL cases for for $25 so I will make my own. I have everything else, dies, bullets, powder and LR pistol primers.

I will bring along my #4 LB I have been sitting on for over ten years to shoot for the first time. That should give my FFL something to think about. He is always asking me about why I like the Enfield's.

Cheers

SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2018 at 4:27am
The kick of a 1903 varies by the stock  the common straight stock kicks like a mule the later pistol grip stock is mild in comparison
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2018 at 4:40am
It was the kick/recoil that convinced me to get rid of mine.
(Just looking at that pic makes me winch!)
Loose wimmen tightened here
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2018 at 7:54am
Originally posted by SW28fan SW28fan wrote:

The kick of a 1903 varies by the stock  the common straight stock kicks like a mule the later pistol grip stock is mild in comparison

Correct, I sold my scant and C stocked rifles years ago to finance my #4T collection and stayed with the straight stocks as safe queens and display value. But the challenge from my friend could not be ignored.

MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2018 at 8:12am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

It was the kick/recoil that convinced me to get rid of mine.
(Just looking at that pic makes me winch!)

Agreed to a point, I had a good size flinch going at the end. Thicker clothing next time. I was a spring like 68F at 8 AM so I was clad in a thin cotton T. Forgetting how much a gas gun like the M1 reduces felt recoil. The original plan was for just a few warming shots but the first few placed well but were inviting to go for over fifty shots in all. A little numb today. LOL

The first warm up on little pistol targets at 100 yards gave me false hopes. then it was hit or miss most of the morning.

Have a great week all.

..MJ..
terrylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2018 at 8:54am
The Long Lee and the rifle that taught it some lessons.

SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2018 at 6:33pm
The C stock certainly makes the rifle nicer to shoot, flinching greatly reduced as seen belowSmile
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2018 at 9:39pm
i agree , the C stock of my 1903A1 was far more comfortable to shoot but ill , be honest here , they all kick hard these days , when i was younger .......it was much more enjoyable , i shoot my trainers and 22s a lot more these days 
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2018 at 7:35am
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

i agree , the C stock of my 1903A1 was far more comfortable to shoot but ill , be honest here , they all kick hard these days , when i was younger .......it was much more enjoyable , i shoot my trainers and 22s a lot more these days 

................Wink.............

Correct on both points.

...My C stock .22 LR...

................Clap..............
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic