Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not an Enfield post

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2018 at 5:11pm
So, MJ, How do you reckon it stacks up to a No 4?

britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2018 at 6:20pm
My 03A3 converted to A4 with repro M82G2 scope.   Very nice to shoot with 168 gr SMK over 48.0 gr Varget. I must admit, it’s very accurate, monitor on bench shows my first target at 600 yds, walking the bullet POI down into the 10 ring. This rifle put 7 shots in a row into the X ring of NRA SR target at 300 yds.

But, I wouldn’t want to shoot 60 rounds straight without a shooting coat.

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2018 at 6:58pm
I can tell U its a non-starter..The Enfield - hands down!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2018 at 7:28pm
H*** I know that, Hoadie!

:-)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2018 at 8:26pm
i will give you credit , i converted my springfield M1903A1 to 22 cal as well , with a custom built conversion i've posted of before , turned by a louisiana friend roy boone back in the day from an old 22 single shot to a sleeve that fit its 30 cal barrel , to my spec ,and an M2 bolt ,  he did an excellent job and my godson/nephew now has it , with the sling , bayonet , and cleaning kit , as well as the original bolt to allow 3006 shooting if he chooses , the rifle was not altered , it was an original M1903 in 1905 and converted to M1903A1 in the late 20s conversions fitted with the C-stock in 29 , 

the other was the M1903A3-4 remington that came to me in total loss condition , i saw promise , i bought one of the numrich conversion units for it , back in the day they were the cats meow , it fit up nice and it shot well my second nephew has that one with its sling , bayo , cleaning kit , 

im not certain they know what they have even tho i tried to impress upon them what i was giving them , so often the nuances are lost on the youth , i did try tho , i gave them written backup/research on each of those only life will tell if it sank in , i put each in a nice case and all was together , hopefully it stays that way - they have no idea what i invested in those , i dont want to think about that , they were costly investments to say the least , 

i seldom think about those things - the investments or where they have gone in life , i just hope they are intact and appreciated , particularly with my kin , 
i do not take that for granted these days tho - so perhaps one of you will find a really nice buy on anb american military arm one day , just sayin ...................
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Pukka Bundook Pukka Bundook wrote:

So, MJ, How do you reckon it stacks up to a No 4?

Apples to Oranges

#4= battle rifle
03A3= target rifle
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 10:17am
No barrel line here but a 1930's dated .22 LR barrel.

M22 receiver and magazine set up.

Pavia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pavia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 1:51pm
The tried and true Skeeter Skelton 44 special load of 7.5gr Unique with a 240gr Keith bullet always does well... :)
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 10:48am
A few more of the M22

1937 dated barrel.

A few years ago at the range some guy offered me $250 for this butt plate ??

Last one.

..............Thumbs Up..........
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 5:38pm
i picked up a decent springfield model M22 military trainer a number of years ago , its a low 4 digit number but someone did a little "improvement" to the front sight the rest is original , these weigh in and are duplicates of the M1903A1 with its C-stock shortened to a few inches ahead of the forearm sling swivel as manufactured , they did give it grasping grooves , 
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 6:51pm
I had the M22 target with a 1936 barrel and the 1936 30-06 trophy it's twin big brother. Got some pictures some place. Monster recoil rifle but dead nuts accurate 30-06. Like shooting a #5 with 185g loads.

Here we are.

MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2018 at 10:01am
Back at it with a 1931 03 at 41F with a 30 MPH wind. Log book shows it was 1998 the last time I had this one out. The rear sight has always been a puzzle.

41F and a 30 MPH wind Berrrr!

Still can't feel my fingers.

.............Confused.............
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2018 at 12:17pm
The sight looks similar to the Buffington sight on my Trapdoor Springfield. Better than an open notch, but certainly not as good as having a receiver peep with a small aperture.  I put a reduced size aperture on my M1 and it really helped to bring the front post into focus (and wearing 1x reading glasses). I need to learn to shoot left handed, my left eye is much sharper at close distance.

Looks like that rifle has potential!

I was out in January when it was in the high 30's and 15 mph winds, and that was cold!  Had to go warm up in the club house every 30 mins.  The worst part of the winds is trying to shoot in the off hand position; lucky to keep the hits on the target!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic