Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rifle scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rifle scope
    Posted: February 06 2018 at 6:24am
I saw it mentioned that a member uses a 3x9 Tasco Pronghorn with no issues. I just pick one of these up cheap but am a little concerned about eye relief. A couple of years ago I put a Tasco on an Enfield rifle (although it didn't have a cheek piece) took it to the range... I think you know where this is going! Still have the scar!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2018 at 8:52pm
be sure you mount the scope correctly with - eye relief- it hurts and yes it leaves a scar , but more important if incorrect for the high power rifles you will never get it to work and it will fail - never to return to service , a small bore scope is incorrect for a heavy bore rifle , just sayin , 

you can fit a small bore with a heavy bore scope - they dont need the relief if mounted correctly they work well , i have a number of 308 scopes mounted on 22s , you just cant go the other way as the scope is too close to your eye for the recoil , 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic