Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Howdy from South Texas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2018 at 3:50pm
What he said!

Wait! Whos talkin "STRIPPERS"?
Loose wimmen tightened here
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2018 at 3:53pm
Next thing y'know somebody is gonna talk "CLIPS"!! AAARRRGH!!
Buncha heathens!!
Ranch Dog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranch Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2018 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Honkytonk Honkytonk wrote:

Easy Hoadie!! We had your back! Ranch Dog, again, welcome. You have some very nice Enfield rifles and you will not find a more knowledgeable group of people that live for them! I'm a new member myself, but soon after joining, like me, the forums goal is to keep this unmatched battle rifles history alive for another 100 years. I feel privileged to be a member.
Thank you! If I ever run across a nice battle rifle, it will be had.  The only thing I see down here are sporters. I started all this looking for as nice of No. 5 as possible. Still looking.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2018 at 6:23pm
Ranch Dog. I have 3 sporters! Love them all! Up here in Canada, I can say most every Baby Boomer probably took their first deer with their Dad's or Uncle's .303 sporter. They are Lee Enfields, without a doubt! My Dad fought in Korea with the PPCLI. His hunting rifle after that war? A Parker Hale No4 Mk1. I love sporters. That's what got me into #5's and the full wood "battle rifles". You have some really nice tributes to the history of Lee Enfields.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2018 at 6:49pm
P.S. Ranch Dog. Was always a big fan of the Remington 600. Your adaptation makes me envious! We have wild hogs up here, and you can shoot them anytime of the year, but I've only heard of a few being killed. What grain of .303 bullet do you use? Does it stop them in their tracks? Thanks!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2018 at 7:37pm
only strippers we allow are those that loose their clothes and only clips we allow are the ones in the strippers hair , just sayin , go hoadie we gotta hold up tonys end here , 
Ranch Dog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranch Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2018 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Honkytonk Honkytonk wrote:

P.S. Ranch Dog. Was always a big fan of the Remington 600. Your adaptation makes me envious! We have wild hogs up here, and you can shoot them anytime of the year, but I've only heard of a few being killed. What grain of .303 bullet do you use? Does it stop them in their tracks? Thanks!
I've killed hogs with the Hornady 174-grain RN, Privi Partizan's 180-grain BTSP, the Speer 180-grain HCRN, and the Woodleigh 215-grain RN. They all are good hog killers. Read my comments about the Woodleigh's terminal performance.

Back to my SMLE Scout. As a sporter, it was drilled and tapped for the Weaver #48203 mount.  I went back and forth with having the Smith filling the holes, but decided to keep it for the utility of the mount especially a night vision scope with the short eye relief. It can be put back on without contact of the XS Scout mount.

My Remington 600 is a 35 Remington, configured as a scout. It has a Heritage aluminum rib and steel trigger gaur, and Timmeny Trigger. The Scout base is a period Redfield Jr. with the rear sight.

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2018 at 3:53am
"Strippers and guns and clips, oh my!"

Yes..seems "barren" without the old codger

The only time "strippers" are welcome, is if your sitting in the "sniffing row".
Macd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2018 at 10:51am
Welcome here RD.   Glad you joined.  Great site and helpful members.

I have two rifles with scout scopes,  an M96 Swedish Mauser and an M91 Mosin Nagant.  Both are mounted in the rear sight position with no-gunsmith mounts.  Both have long eye relief 2-7x pistol scopes.  I didn't find it hard to adjust to shooting with them but then I have used Red Dot and Reflex sights on hand guns and shotguns.

On the other segue:
"A stripper clip (also known as a charger or charger clip, especially in British and in Commonwealth military vocabulary) is a speedloader that holds several cartridges (usually consisting between 5 and 10 rounds) together in a single unit for easier and faster loading of a firearm's magazine."
Now have fun with "Magazine".

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic