Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

School shootings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2018 at 12:14pm
Paul Martin, Jean Chretien, Alan Rock., Hoadie, I couldn't agree more. "To conquer a nation, you must first disarm it's citizens". Guess what great politician said that?
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2018 at 5:02pm
Adolph Hitler?
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2018 at 5:40pm
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2018 at 6:49pm
Every nation that has disarmed its populace, has used arms against them.
Loose wimmen tightened here
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2018 at 4:38am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Every nation that has disarmed its populace, has used arms against them.

The UK?
 We have been largely disarmed and far from it being done by force of arms, you seldom / never see a policeman armed .
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2018 at 6:22am
Sadly he's right, they just quietly surrendered.

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way” is how Roger Waters of Pink Floyd summed up the English character, at least during the period in which he wrote the classic hit, “Time.”
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2018 at 3:16pm
One of my favourite songs...
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 4:29am
If a derannged person walks into an infants school and kills kids with a 5 iron golf club; the medai will say " Madman attacks children" if he's carrying a gun it's "Gunman attacks children" They seem to forget the fact that you have to be absolutely bonker's to want to kill kids.

Fix the mental health issues, the drug issues, the my Kid's on the X-box all day issues, the education issues and the problem will take care of it's self.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 5:28am
Yep, I've been unsuccessfully banging on about that for years.
Its not that they can't hear, but that they WON'T hear.
buckeye55 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckeye55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 7:02am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

I was sitting here pondering WHY these thugs target schools for their massacres. It doesn't make any real sense to me. If you want to rage against the system - try taking on the "system". Attack the gov't or military or police..but they don't. They go after the defensless & vulnerable.

Schools are attacked because they are soft targets. Most of them have no security. What security they do have is unarmed. We protect our banks, courts, jewelry stores and yes, even junkyards with armed guards. Our children and teachers are protected with a sign that says "This Is A Gun Free Zone."

Then I got to thinking: Am I to believe that a handful of highschool students organized a huge rally on capitol hill, in such a short time - on their own? And so incredibly well choreographed & prepared?

Maybe I'm strange..but this doesn't seem possible to me. I'm wondering if bigger interests aren't at play here.

(Maybe I shouldn't sit & think so much)

They didn't. The anti-gun groups are prepped and ready in the event there is a school shooting. My kids both teach. The Florida shooting took place on a Wednesday. Thursday morning, the Newtown/Sandyhook group called my son's school asking, actually demanding, time to speak. The superintendent at the school said fine, you can put your presentation on. But we're giving a local NRA affiliate equal time. The Newtown group didn't like that. They don't want both sides to be presented.

The governor of our state made a speech about honoring and protecting our 2nd Amendment rights.
And then he proposed a broad ban of semi-auto firearms that included .22's and weapons licensed under Curio & Relic Firearms licenses.

Then he said "Nobody is trying to take guns away from anybody." Really? Could've' fooled me!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 7:11am
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 9:05am
Shamu.
Nowhere in the entire list does it include any centerfire rifle produced by Enfield.
Top to bottom. 50 caliber blackpowder pistol,
36. caliber blackpowder pistol.
38 caliber da pistol,
45 caliber single action pistol.
Top to bottom. .25 caliber pellet rifle,JC Higgins bolt action 20 gauge shotgun, Winchester model 1400 MkII 12 gauge shotgun, Marlin 39A .22 lever action.

Top to bottom. A bunch of bolt action Enfield rifles.
These are all exempted from the list of weapons systems they want to ban.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 10:49am
126 pages!! Really, Sham?? Could we "condense" it a tad? My eyes are tired & sore already!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 11:03am
I need to rephrase that. Nowhere was listed an Enfield bolt action rifle.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 11:20am
I did not realize your No5 had a cheek piece. Do you mount a scope on it or just lines your eye up better to the appature?
buckeye55 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckeye55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2018 at 11:33am
Like that Marlin 39A. Wish I had one as I like the Marlin lever guns. Have a .30-30 and .44 and they're fine rifles.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic