Reloading question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reloading question
    Posted: March 11 2018 at 5:51pm
i think he is safe if he pulls bullet and dumps powder to start over , you cannot safely resize a loaded bullet in my world 
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2018 at 3:01pm
Yup. RCBS press and dies. Went over to help buddy. I only removed the actual little pin, reinstalled the "neck sizing ball" Interia hammer to remove bullet and powder, checked length with the micrometer, a slight touch of case lube, new powder and bullets and Bob's your Uncle!
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2018 at 2:38pm
That’s how I’ve done it before. Has to be a FL die with a removable decapping pin from the decaping/expanding rod. If it’s a Lee FL die with the single piece expanding rod and pin, loosen the collet nut at the top of the die and push the primed case up fully into the die, then lift decapping rod another 1/4 inch and tighten collet nut.    
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2018 at 11:26am
That's the way I do it.
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2018 at 7:59am
Hows he going to remeasure the powder?
Other than that just make sure the decapping pin is removed & the expander ball backed off a little.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2018 at 6:58am
A bit off topic. Buddy just called me. He has a 308 and just picked up two boxes of neck sized reloads. They don't fit in his rifle. He wants to use an inertial hammer to remove the bullet and powder, then full length resize the PRIMED brass. I have done this before, after removing the de-primer pin from the neck size rod. He is new to reloading, and a little concerned. Thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic