Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any idea what it's worth?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masondaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any idea what it's worth?
    Posted: May 03 2018 at 9:44am
I received a LongBranch No4 MkI* a few years back from my father. Unfortunately it's been sporterized and has an after market magazine. Its dated 1943 and the bolt matches the reciever, as far as I can tell same goes for the barrel. Serial # is 40L4478 if I'm seeing it right.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2018 at 6:47pm
as a sported rifle i am not qualified but someone [there are lots here] that can give you an idea - but - photos always get better answers and as a newby i understand there is a bit of a wait , 

welcome someone will be along to offer you something im sure , 
Masondaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masondaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2018 at 7:58pm
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2018 at 8:31pm
Welcome from Phoenix Arizona.
As A Square stated. We will need to see some pictures of the rifle first before we can give you any type of guesstimates on what it might be worth. Remember though. What something is worth to one is different to another.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2018 at 11:28pm
As a sportered rifle that has been drilled and tapped for a scope; it will be worth less than a standard military spec.
However as a hunting rifle that belonged to your Dad, it's priceless!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masondaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 1:50am
Not drilled and tapped. I found a scope mount that used factory sight mounts and adapts it to a rail to accept standard scope rings.
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 5:21am
In my part of the world they typically sell for $200 or so sometimes less if it is a beater
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 5:31am
In Manitoba, bone stock sporter $250 tops. More if you find one with a Bishop or Fajen stock or a decent scope. Lots of sporters with those black plastic stocks. $250 maybe for those.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 5:41am
"Not drilled and tapped."

I'm sorry but it is. Those 2 screws over the breech are aftermarket, not issue. They're also in a pressure-bearing area which counts against them as well. How deep are they drilled?

Round here (mid Atlantic coast) a sporter in that shape would go for $125~150.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 6:08am
Could we see some pictures of the whole rifle please.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2018 at 10:38am
When I mentioned drilled and tapped I was refering to the screw and hole on top of the knox form; not your new cope mount.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masondaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2018 at 8:22pm
Sorry misunderstood what you meant by drilled an tapped, forgot that they were even there since I put the other scope mount on it a few years ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic