Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Bayonets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A new (to me) pointy bit for the 1914 ShtLE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2018 at 5:43am
Sorry for the lack of update, its because nothing has arrived yet!
Angry
Nothing at all, no bayonet, no shipping or tracking info, nothing!

I sent a message via e-pay & got a reply that health issues had prevented shipping.
I guess they also prevented a short note, or depositing the funds as well?
Ouch
Not really thrilled, waiting . . .
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2018 at 7:17am
U pays yo money...you takes yo chances!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2018 at 8:55am
Yup, it's a crap shewt!
Sick
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2018 at 7:36pm
hoping for the best - i think you might be suprised - i keep getting things i forgot i ordered , 

recently my son was at a shoot that somehow went radically wrong , the place burned down - yes they were in it , got out but he lost his gun pack with a couple firearms , ive found a replacement pack - it came last week - thought my wife ordered whatever it was as she gets delivery every day , wasnt till she brought it up to my "room" that i realised that it was for me , the kid , replacement pack , its what he had , hope he likes it - if not i have a use for it , 

i wish you well on it , im not one to speak much on the bad deals - ive not had one yet , but i do appreciate they can happen , 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2018 at 2:37pm
This deal is sinking slowly in the West dying a long, slow, lingering, horrible death.
Dead
Still hasn't shipped, now 3 days past the deadline to receive. No comms. Nothing.

E-Pay notified of failure to supply after payment in good faith.
WAHHHHHhhhhh! But I'm WORKING on it!

CC co informed E-pay informed if it hasn't actually, physically, made it to the delivery service by the 30th Its dead!
Cry
Disputing both E-pay & the bank that day at close of business.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2018 at 7:15pm
sorry to hear this , ive been very fortunate in my on-line deals i guess , 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2018 at 4:12am
So NOT COOL!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2018 at 7:52am
I've usually been as well, but I don't think so this time round.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2018 at 6:22am
Oi what a roller coaster ride, its like a soap opera I swear.
Confused
I posted a complaint (non-shipment) with E-Pay & they informed the seller of my deadline (Physically shipped before the 30th or full refund). Suddenly its shipped & faster than originally promised. It is supposed to be arriving here by end of business  today!
We'll see.
Censored

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2018 at 3:28pm
OK, It arrived Yay!
Clap
Its quite nice, in decent condition, the "rust" I thought I saw on the pics at the top of the scabbard seems to be old, dried out, masking tape residue.
(anyone got a non-destructive solvent for that stuff? Its seriously fossilized! Will something like goo gone work?)
It seems sharpened, but I'll defer to the experts on that.
The leather is in amazingly good shape considering its age, lots of surface scuffs but no deterioration I can find.
In the mounting cut there seems to be some old Cosmo even!
The hilt is actually blued, which i wasn't expecting from the pics I was sent.

The note included with it says its a "1907 MkII made by Enfield Lock (EFD) & has the oil hole (sic) in the pommel. It has the original single-stitched scabbard without retaining rivets. It rates as a 7 out of 10 for condition (Retains most of its original blued or parkerized finish with normal service wear). Its commonality is rated 3 out of 10 on a rarity scale. Rated as "relatively easy to find by a typical collector."
There is active, pitting rust on the surface of the button for the release button, which I'm addressing.
Pics, ask if you want something specific:

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2018 at 3:30pm
Opposite side, shows rust patch on lock button & masking tape (?) residue:

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2018 at 3:32pm
Markings on Royal Cyper side, some very faint. If you can see "EFD" you have better eyesight than I do.

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2018 at 3:33pm
Different angle/lighting:

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2018 at 3:34pm
Opposite side:

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2018 at 3:56pm
Better angle for the light.

Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2018 at 7:25pm
Nice clear photos, I must say.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic