Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Gunsmithing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's a tack driver!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's a tack driver!!!
    Posted: May 14 2018 at 8:42am
Okay. I found an individual who is trying to sell a No4 barrel on eBay for $229.99 with a bright and shiny bore. It is stamped F55. In the description he has it listed as the last chance to get a tack driver accurate barrel.
On a lighter note. There is a No5 barrel on eBay right now and the current bid is $58.00...
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2018 at 9:58am
That's an outrageous asking price! I thought rifle parts like barrels and actions were banned from ebay? If that price was reality I would be sitting on a veritable gold mine of barrels!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2018 at 10:16am
I sent him a message. I was polite when I suggested that he look at the pricing Numrich has for used Enfield barrels.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2018 at 10:23am
You can sell Barrels all day long on eBay. I bought my last Savage barrel from eBay. Paid a whopping $45.00 for it. I'm holding it in my hands right now and I really want to post it to eBay to compete with this guy's price and put mine at $230.01. It has two grooves! That's gotta be worth something. I have morals however,that will not allow me to do something such as that...
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2018 at 11:12am
If someone want's to drive tack's; better off with a good hammer! 
If the barrel is new old stock unfitted; it's probably worth it if your building a rifle for service competitions.
Second hand! definitely not.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2018 at 12:12pm
ebay is inconsistent with their rules on parts. You are not supposed to be able to buy anything pressure bearing but they let stuff go all the time.
raubvogel View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member

Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raubvogel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2018 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Bear43 Bear43 wrote:

ebay is inconsistent with their rules on parts. You are not supposed to be able to buy anything pressure bearing but they let stuff go all the time.

Pressure bearing? I must not mention that to the aluminum air tank I got off ebay months ago...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2018 at 8:00pm
E-bay just grabbed an '07 Hookie bayonet. Paid the buyer & seller But kept it for "unspecified disposal".
It was relisted within a day, by a different seller for $400.oo more.
"Caveat emptor"
(bad Latin for "It's a crap shoot)!
I'll post the link in a bit.

You may have to log in?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic