Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I have no idea where else to post this!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have no idea where else to post this!
    Posted: May 24 2018 at 2:58pm
Toys, Toys, Toys!
Wink
Picked this baby up locally & for a really good price (less than 1/2 the lowest price I could find)!
I can use the temp, "humdidity" & wind speeds. (In MPH or FPS even) for long range stuff & the light meter for my photographic lighting.
Yes the camera has an built in meter but it can't balance different light levels from multiple sources or check the Lumens of my flashlights & headlights.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2018 at 3:34pm
Nice! I'm old school, but I think my next purchase will be a spotting scope for the range. Must have walked 2 miles checking targets the other day!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2018 at 7:26pm
nice looking kit - i have a kestral 4000 i picked up a number of years ago , handy if you remember to bring them along ....my downfall 
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2018 at 3:12am
I bought a similar one off e-bay (UK) for the princely sum of £6.77 and it is great.
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2018 at 8:07am
Seven quid!
Cry
Wow they go for about US$165 here at the rock-bottom discount places!
The one thing I discovered about "turbine" style ones is you have to align them with wind direction, unlike the cup type which don't care as they work through 360°.
I solved that by attaching a 12" piece of tree marking tape to the wrist strap as a wind direction indicator!
Thumbs Up
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2018 at 9:56am
Try this.. On E-bay  item number.  273107889225
Unlike yours it doesn't have a light meter.

As for wind direction I simply turn into the wind. As I usually shoot on official rangers like Bisley the nice people there have erected lots of wind flags.Big smile
If I wanted to shoot elsewhere it would be the old 'drooped straw routine.

Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2018 at 12:45pm
Ok Shamu. The next things I buy for the range will be a spotting scope AND a wind figurer outer thing!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2018 at 12:55pm
That would possibly explain the big price difference! this is all certified & so on for environmental compliance.
Does yours do temp & "humdidity"?
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2018 at 1:43am
Features
Measure wind speed and temperature.  LCD display with backlight.
Wind speed in Beaufort wind scale bar.... Wind chill function... Temperature display in C/F
Wind speer range 0-30 m/s.  .. Wind temperature range: -10-45C. (14-113F)
Current/max/ average wind speed reading.
Wind speed unit: Km/h... Knots... mph.

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2018 at 5:51am
Sweet!
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2018 at 6:07am
Shamu. After further consideration, I don't think I'll buy a wind gauge. I find the more factors you take out of shooting, the less excuses you have for bad shooting! What would I be able to blame erratic shots on to my buddy's?
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2018 at 7:54am
Hug
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic