Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TGIF Memorial Weekend

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2018 at 1:14pm
Spent Memorial Day afternoon at the 200 yard Range with my M1917, Very Quality Time
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2018 at 7:21am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

were you @ American Legion - or VFW, MJ ?

American Legion. Lots of neat things to see.

The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2018 at 1:19pm
WOW! now that is one very cool motorcycle!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2018 at 1:54pm
I've seen one of those that had a 350 Corvette motor!! I'll stick with my 1200 cc Harley Bobber!
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2018 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by Honkytonk Honkytonk wrote:

I've seen one of those that had a 350 Corvette motor!! I'll stick with my 1200 cc Harley Bobber!

They are all 5.7L Corvette motors !

Would I ride one ? No!

On the first ones they forgot to flash the ECM and burned brakes trying to hold back the bikes at a stop because the ECM though the default idle was with AC. LOL I found the same problem with a 1956 Bel Air and a 1957 Nomad wagon conversion I worked on in 1999/2000.

Cheers

The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2018 at 8:20pm
Just so ya know: Corvette blocks are made in St.Catharines,Ontario, Canada. Well..they were, for years.
Foundry went to China, now they just make the engine
Loose wimmen tightened here
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2018 at 8:35pm
im not riding any more - figure thats a sure way to die at my age and im hangin in for a bit yet if i can - with all digits and limbs still functioning save the arthritic restrictions , i did once and still dream of it from time to time , the triumph is long gone but there was a day when it was great fun , 

i cannot imagine a corvette engine in a trike let alone on two wheels but it would be fun to try it once , i suspect not happening in my lifetime yet a guy can dream , 

i need to think harder on getting to the range a few times this year - working at a gun club has its drawbacks - you watch others go shoot and wish you could join them , 
i do have a cowboy shoot coming in a couple weeks tho , need to shoot the ones ive not shot yet that i intend to use tho ...tomorrow - i get off at 3 and dont have to meet my daughter till 1830 so im thinking if weather cooperates a bit ill get that or part of that done , 

been reloading those cartridges that i was given but im not done yet , good thing i have so much stockpiled , i can get by and still have plenty for both major shoots im going to this summer , i just wish i had more time to play , 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic