Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

200 Yards with Service Sight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 200 Yards with Service Sight
    Posted: June 02 2018 at 3:05pm
Spent a good day yesterday at the Talladega CMP Marksmanship Park here in the US South East.   Hot and humid, not the ideal day to be in a shooting coat, that’s for sure! But, the LB No. 4 Mk I*/3 again performed for me, it’s my go to Service Rifle.

200 Yards, Prone Rapid Fire, a bit too fast on the trigger with one shot dropped in the 9 ring. This is with the Mk I rear sight and zeroing the front sight on a calm day. At 200 yds, a 5 mph cross wing does not have much effect, I rarely need to apply “Kentucky Windage” at this range even though it faces south, it’s well protected by berms on all sides.

The trigger job seems to have worked great. First stage is about 2 lbs, smooth and returns to “zero stage” when trigger pressure is removed. Second stage is 4 1\4 lbs and absolutely zero creep. It made me nervous messing with the cocking piece sear face, but it paid off. If only I could get the M1 to shoot this good 🙁.

Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2018 at 3:35pm
Very nice!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2018 at 6:37am
Sweet!
Do monitor for wear though just in in case.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2018 at 6:53am
Very nice target Brit!
In 10 rounds rapid, how much time is allowed?

Congrats!!
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2018 at 8:00am
Ammo ?

Well done.
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2018 at 9:24am
Pukka, the CMP Vintage Military Rifle Match rules allow 80 seconds for the rapids, starting from the standing position with 5 rounds in the magazine, bolt closed on an empty chamber. That’s plenty of time to get in to the prone position, shoot the five rounds and reload with a charger and shoot the remaining 5. The danger is taking too much time! I know, because I’ve done it and let my last shot go just when the cease fire command is given!

My match load is:

Case - DI or DAC, Neck Sized
Primer - WLR
Powder - 40.0gr Re 15
Bullet - 174 gr SMK
OAL - 3.05 in.

Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2018 at 10:07am
That’s very impressive shooting!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2018 at 1:01pm
From the NRA rules page:
RAPID FIRE (SITTING / KNEELING) (OR PRONE); TEN SHOTS FIRED IN A TIME LIMIT OF 60 (OR 70) SECONDS.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2018 at 6:23pm
Shamu, that is correct for the rapid stages in NRA and CMP Highpower matches, 60 seconds for sitting and 70 seconds for prone. The CMP Games events (JC Garand, Springfield, Vintage Military Rifle and Modern Military Rifle Matches) have an 80 second standing to Prone rapid fire stage.

Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2018 at 3:54am
That is really good shooting! I think I need to take some lesson's!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2018 at 6:50am
If you are 60+ or have a disability you can start from the  prone positition in rapid fire stages in CMP matches but You have to wait until someone else takes the first shot
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2018 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by SW28fan SW28fan wrote:

If you are 60+ or have a disability you can start from the  prone positition in rapid fire stages in CMP matches but You have to wait until someone else takes the first shot

Yup, only 3 more years for me Smile.  I should get excited about turning 60. 

Presumably not everyone on the line can play the "60" card...
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2018 at 7:45pm
really ? arround here most all of us can = the regulers , i guess we need some youngsters to stir the pot here , 
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 2:16am
I'll be 55 next week. So it's not that far away; based on the principle that every 10 years of life seem to pass twice as quickly as the previous 10! (A bit like watching the water drain from a bath).
I've already had to fit corrective lenses for my Pistol shooting, so I can see the front sight blade!
 What are the dimensions on the 10 and 9 ring of your target's for 200 yard's?
Also when shooting in a competition, are you allowed to see the screen between shot's? although I doubt you'd have time on the rapid fire!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 10:37am
Zed, I have to wear 1.0x reading glasses, even with the peep sight on the rifle to be able to see the front sight.  About 15 years ago, I had Lasik surgery to correct my distance vision, and I regret it now, my right eye needs a 2.5x lens for reading, the left eye about 1.5x. 
The NRA Short Range (SR) Target has a 7 inch 10 ring and 13 inch 9 ring.  X ring is 3 inches.  It is used at both 200 and 300 yards.  The CMP games matches are all shot on the SR target at 200 yards for all three stages (Prone Slow, Prone Rapid and Standing Slow).   

You definitely watch the monitor during prone slow fire, I glance at the monitor while I'm charging the magazine for the second 5 round string. 

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2018 at 11:56am
I USED TO HAVE EXCEPTIONAL EYE-SIGHT..NOW I CAN'T EVEN SEE WHAT I'M SAYING.
GETTING OLDER STINKS!
SPEAKING OF WHICH..I DO, BY TIMES.(I'M A MASTER OF THE"ONE CHEEK SNEAK".)
I RECENTLY HAD A HEARING TEST..GOT TOLD THAT MY HEARING WAS BEYOND GOOD...FOR MY AGE.(D'OH!)
TASTE BUDS AINT WHAT THEY USED TO BE, EITHER. CAN'T SEE,CAN'T TASTE - BUT I CAN HEAR A FART 100 YDS AWAY!! (LEAST I'M STILL GOOD AT SOMETHING!)
BURST BURSA SACS IN MY HANDS & KNEE STARTING TO MAKE ME LOOK"LUMPY". I COULD IGNORE IT, IF IT DIDN'T HURT SO MUCH!!

(I didn't mean to put this in capitals..when I looked up & saw it - it was easier to continue than re-do).

Now I know why folks say,"grow old with me.." It's cuz misery loves company!
Loose wimmen tightened here
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic