Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No 1 Mk3 fore stock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fubar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No 1 Mk3 fore stock
    Posted: July 20 2018 at 8:51am
Just purchased a no1 Mk 3 1915 SMLE. Someone over the last 50 years cut the lower forestock .... and tossed the two upper hand guards. Any idea where I can find a replacement? I have been all over the inter web and just keep hitting “ out of stock”. It’s starting to get frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to bring this rifle back to my great grandfather’s standard.
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2018 at 11:07am
I suppose it was going to happen eventually but they do appear to have dried up,  You might catch one on Ebay or a firearms auction swight.  There is a specific company in the UK  that deals with Enfield parts iirc Enfield Spares.  Boyds may occasionally do a run of replacement wood but that will be pricey
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2018 at 11:55am
A fellow in the Yukon is duplicating those stocks now and he has sold over a hundred complete wood sets. Very high quality made from walnut.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2018 at 5:17pm
this is most of what has killed our endevors , the parts for the harder to find ones and even some of the more common are getting hard to find - wish those with the hoardes would release them but ...

if it is a true SMLE mkIII not a mkIII* you will look hard for the right bits with volleys intact or even without , then search hard for the other bits , the folks with mkIs are having even more difficulty these days , 
Fubar1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fubar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2018 at 10:58am
Fubar1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fubar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2018 at 11:01am
Thanks for the help you guys. I’ll keep looking . Even if I could have found a template 🤔
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2018 at 8:13pm
true mkIII , no doubt about it , that was a transitional year at BSA , you found one worth saving to be sure , 
englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2018 at 7:41am
There is an original fore stock on epay auction site right now. 

It will be interesting to watch as to how much it sells.
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
RWL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2018 at 7:17pm
I got a stock set and a hardware set from Springfield Sporters back in May.  The wood and metal parts were really grungy and came off of DP marked rifles.  The wood cleaned up pretty well.  SS is closed for inventory at this time so you can't see if they still have any in stock.  Wood was hard to find in May.  I could not find a forearm and handguards at that time already.  I had not been aware of the Canadian making reproductions or I would have looked into that.  Currently it is not economical to return sporterized Enfields to their military configuration.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic