Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's a dry heat!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's a dry heat!!!
    Posted: July 23 2018 at 6:04pm
This is what we Phoenician's deal with all the time.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2018 at 6:31pm
Oh my gosh! WOW!!!! Dry heat or not...that be bloody HOT!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2018 at 6:34pm
It's supposed to be 117° tomorrow. As long as there's no humidity,it's okay...
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2018 at 6:57pm
That is freaking hot! Where I live in Canada, summers are short. This year we've had a lot of days in the mid to high 80's. And humid. I'm not built for that type of weather!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2018 at 7:59pm
I'm not joking when I say this. If it's in the high 80's here, someone has a jacket on and long pants...
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2018 at 8:08pm
not interested - just sayin - we are generally in wet heat here but not this year - i love the 70s-80s with low humidity , i can live in that all year long - just not some where it happens often enough , but i got it now - soaking it up and life is good , for now , could all change tomorrow , the weather here in MN changes day-to-day and hour-to-hour , you learn to enjoy it all .....or move -but thats not an option these days  , 

i love the green - not the mowing , i love the water , and we got lots of that , now to get my boat in that ...........yup , need some free time 
englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2018 at 5:57am
I live in the Near North of Canada.

I live off the grid and heat with just a wood stove.

I froze my ass off this last winter. The winter was brutal and I ran low on wood. One morning I was out there chopping wood at -35c. However, the scenery was absolutely spectacular with the trees glazed with ice and everything twinkling in the sun, looked like Narnia. That day I made a vow to myself, no matter how hot and humid it got in the summer, there would be not one snivel or whine from me.

Yes, this time of year it is hot and humid, and I am sweating my bag off, no AC at my house. I love it! No complaints as only too soon, it will be below zero again.
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2018 at 8:12am
I'm with you, Englishman_ca! Give me cold frigid temps!
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2018 at 8:58am
Come on down to South Louisiana !!!!  it gets in the upper 90s to low 100s with high humidity !!! right now we have not seen a good rain... Im wondering if this is going to be a repeat of what we had about 15 years ago, when I bought this place, we would get high water in and around March, April and possibly May,  crawfish season !!  the water normally would come up a little over halfway in my back pasture , so I would set out my crawfish traps in a horseshoe pattern all the way to the pipe line and back.... on the normal years I would just fish the pipe line since the normal high for the water in that time of year was just about 100 to 150 feet into the wood line ( wood Line was about 100 yards from my back door)  a couple of years we got an El Nineo or was it El Nina ....  cant remember which one it was... One produces very wet weather for us and the other produces very dry weather....  well the couple of years it was dry , I could walk all the way to my back side of my property and then on to the next and up to the tram on the next property in sneakers !!!! most of the time I need hip boots !!!  this year is starting to look like one of them dry years we had back then....  I actually was able to cut some of the pipe line with the bush hog and go as far as about 100 yards into the woods past it to my neighbors deer stand and cut the weeds around his stand ...Looks like I get to hunt from it this coming season .....LOL!!!!
I did not chance going south down the pipe line to my tripod stand , the boys did on their 4 wheelers, but then they are way lighter than my tractor and bush hog .....
So for the last couple of days, son in Law and I have been putting off brewing beer due to the heat!! Well he has, and when we get to hot drinking beer we go into our fermenting room at the brew house, its around 68 to 70 *F   all the time ...
Son in Law has 2 5gal. kegs waiting to be tapped and one on tap right now , Im on my last one and 5gal. fermenting at the moment !! so I need to brew soon or im going to have to drink store bought !!!!
As for the heat down here, when I got back from cutting the pipeline yesterday, I was soaked from sweat !!!   and I was only driving the tractor !!!!!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2018 at 10:02am
...its like Africa hot there!
Loose wimmen tightened here
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2018 at 10:40am
I lived in Edmonton AB for two years (moving from the warm climate of South East Ontario).  They told me before I left "don't worry, it's a dry cold".  The coldest day the first year was about 40 below zero and the neighbours said:  "this is the coldest it's been here in 20 years".  The following year it went to 56 below; then they told me "this is the coldest it's been here in 20 years".  OK, you guys live in denial.  I then moved south. 

Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2018 at 11:01am
I've lived in Phoenix for 48 years,spent a year in Wyoming and a year in Iowa. Can't seem to find a reason to leave what I've always known and love.
The heat has never bothered me. Arizona has the most diversified climate zones of any other state. It's my home...
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2018 at 8:13pm
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2018 at 8:41pm
Looks like a guy could melt a cast iron frying pan left in the direct sun in Yuma.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2018 at 8:45pm
You can bake cookies on your dash here...
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2018 at 8:53pm
so- im from iowa , best i can recall it was hot & humid except when it was cold , the corn grows great and the beef is terrific but dont remember much else id go back for these days , might see family if i find time and the inclination , but not thinking to go back for my 50th class reunion this year - no one i want to see there 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic