Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Political
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It was gonna happen..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It was gonna happen..
    Posted: August 22 2018 at 7:18pm
..and it did.
last weekend 16 - 19 In was @ cabin working on bear baiting station.
Came home Sunday to find someone (er..some LOUSE) had climbed my fence & managed to snap my aluminum flagpole off @ the base. The perp then tore my 2nd Confederate national to pieces & deposited it all in a doggie - doo barrel in the park across the street.
Fli[ppin coward sure wouldn't do it when I was home!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2018 at 8:04pm
Put up another and plug the pole into the mains, Hoadie.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2018 at 6:05am
The vandals re back among us again.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2018 at 6:36am
Pardon my ignorance but what is a 2nd Confederate national?
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2018 at 8:13am
There were 3 versions of the confederate national flag. He was flying the second version.

"The STAINLESS BANNER"

Basically the white ensign with the confederate diagonal cross in one corner.
https://georgiainfo.galileo.usg.edu/images/uploads/gallery/confsecondnatflag2.jpg

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2018 at 2:13pm
Hoadie, get yourself or borrow a game camera. Attach to a tree out of sight and see who tries it again.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2018 at 3:12pm
Before I retired, I was a Shift Supervisor in a Fertilizer Plant. It was in Canada, but owned first by an American named JR S*mp**t for 40years, then aquired by a couple of brothers from Witchita, the K*chs. About one year before my retirement, after reading a university level course on the American Civil War, I had the "Stars and Bars" as my screen saver. A young female Pakistani Engineer student came in to my office to ask a question. She saw the screen saver. She called me a racist and a white suprmist, running to corporate US HR to complain. HR called me and told me to change it. Their computers, so WTF! I asked if I could put the Union Jack, which, in Canada, is a very proud symbol. They said, of course! A month later, the same engineer came into my office, saw the screen saver, and said, " much more appropriate!" I asked her if she ever read history. She said yes. I mentioned, as like other any nation builder in the 17th and 18th centuries, things happened that wouldn't be accepted today. But because of them, we live in countries like Canada, United States and Britian. The greatest in the world! She again went to HR. I flew the Maple Leaf as a screen saver for my last 8 months before retirement. Sorry for the long story. God Save the Queen!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2018 at 5:02pm
THe uneducated - like your Pakistani friend - get their history from Hollywood (who would never let the truth interfere w/a good story), or from what they hear as commonplace on the street.
That war wasn't fought on "slavery", although it was an issue.
Many slave holders in the south had already seen the coming end & were changing toward a better end.
There was alot of blacks..& all black units that fought FOR the southern cause, because they saw it as the "lesser evil".
Maryland - a northern state - was about to seceed, if Lincoln took their slave trade..indeed, they had Maryland regiments in the Army of Northern Virginia.
Lincoln re-worded his emancipacion proc. to read"..those states deemed to be in rebellion". That way he secured peace in the slave state of the Indian Territories & Maryland. I could go on..but whats the use.(My 1st National will be re-installed soon. (My game camera is @ the cabin..so I'll hafta buy a new one.)
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2018 at 7:01pm
Shoot em' with civil war era Colt Navy.
I happen to have one if you need it.
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2018 at 8:28pm
Plug the fence into the electric fencer as well as the pole, Hoadie.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2018 at 11:24pm
Put up an LGBTG flag and I bet they won't tear it downLOL

seriously though; put up a bigger confederate flag on a bigger flag ploe. Get some photo's of the fecker's next time round and get them charged for criminal damage.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2018 at 2:27am
Originally posted by Honkytonk Honkytonk wrote:

Before I retired, I was a Shift Supervisor in a Fertilizer Plant. It was in Canada, but owned first by an American named JR S*mp**t for 40years, then aquired by a couple of brothers from Witchita, the K*chs. About one year before my retirement, after reading a university level course on the American Civil War, I had the "Stars and Bars" as my screen saver. A young female Pakistani Engineer student came in to my office to ask a question. She saw the screen saver. She called me a racist and a white suprmist, running to corporate US HR to complain. HR called me and told me to change it. Their computers, so WTF! I asked if I could put the Union Jack, which, in Canada, is a very proud symbol. They said, of course! A month later, the same engineer came into my office, saw the screen saver, and said, " much more appropriate!" I asked her if she ever read history. She said yes. I mentioned, as like other any nation builder in the 17th and 18th centuries, things happened that wouldn't be accepted today. But because of them, we live in countries like Canada, United States and Britian. The greatest in the world! She again went to HR. I flew the Maple Leaf as a screen saver for my last 8 months before retirement. Sorry for the long story. God Save the Queen!

I would have flown the Maple Leaf upside down as a mark of distress.
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2018 at 4:31am
Goosic..I had a navy Colt..took it back stateside.Just too much of a hassel here for a handgun.(Idiots here don't make the difference twixt B/P & cartridge)

When I had the 3rd national up, some idiot told my nieghbour that he wasn't pleased with my "Confederate version of the Canadian flag". (What a dufus).
Can't electrify the pole or fence..its called"mantrap" & I go to jail. If the perp dies, I get charged w/murder.
In Hamilton, 2 Confederate themed restaurants (separate owners - separate times)were forced to close, because of protests.City forced them.
Again in Hamilton - a guy was flying his battlejack on a pole in the middle of his backyard. His ancestor served in the Army of Virginia, in a Virginia reg't. Didn't matter. City charged him. (I forget what the actual charge was) but it stuck, & he went to court, lost, paid the fine & was forced to remove the pole.
I'm going to buy a new pole, & fly my 1st National. See how that works out.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2018 at 4:33am
Stanforth: I refuse to fly the "Canadian Flag" in any format on my pole.
I'm still not over the 1965 issue! I'll gladly - & do - fly the Canadian Red Ensign (Of course - I've been given grief over THAT as well!)
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2018 at 5:52am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Stanforth: I refuse to fly the "Canadian Flag" in any format on my pole.
I'm still not over the 1965 issue! I'll gladly - & do - fly the Canadian Red Ensign (Of course - I've been given grief over THAT as well!)

Good for you. It is getting that type of grief that keeps the adrenalin flowing.
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2018 at 6:04am
I have a 32"x70" John Leckie Ltd. "Patriot" Union Jack flag I purchased almost 40 years ago at an old army surplus store in a small town near here. Not sure how old it is, but I proudly fly it on the wall of my Man-cave! God save the Queen!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic