Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Priest visits me !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Priest visits me !
    Posted: September 08 2018 at 8:54pm
Yes, I had a visit from a Priest today ....
 about a week ago as I was coming home from a job in Texas I received a call, The Man asked about me doing the NICS background check for him if he ordered a firearm online , I told him yes, Just let me know when the order has been made and I would get him a copy of My FFL to send to who he was buying from .
Well his package came in yesterday, So he came today and did his paper work and I called it in ...

Yes, I was a little set back when I walked out of the Brew House and a priest was standing there waiting for me to open the Gun Shop for his 5 AR Lower Receivers He ordered online !!
His words to Son in Law when he asked what a priest why he bought 5 lowers, the Priest said "for one, it was a deal I could not pass up, and as for what Im going to do with them, Well Im going to build a couple in 5.56 so I can go shoot with some of guys from my church !!"
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2018 at 11:03am
That remind's me of a song a friend of mine used to sing in the bar "One hand on the Bible and the other on the gun!"
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2018 at 7:26pm
cool , im convinced that priests have been painted in bad light the last few years with all the hoopla that goes back to when i was a kid - not saying it was not bad or that there should not be a reckoning for those that perpetrated the crimes - yes they should pay , but the whole priesthood has been blamed with some that were not involved , innocent till proven guilty - and as you have found some like what we like 

i once in another life used to drink evenings with two priests and a couple professors that were not involved in the scandals , we never talked guns but i think they might have been in to give it a go if i had  , never came up in conversation but lots of other stuff did , 
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2018 at 7:31am
Last priest I had to talk to was at my sister in laws first wedding ... the guy was a d**k !!!  when he asked me what Catholic church did I attend, When I told him I was not Catholic he then proceeded to assume I was Baptist, I put my hand up gesturing to him to stop, then I told him I was not Christian at all ... and oh my god did he come unglued !!!  he told me I had to respect his religion while filming my Sister in Laws wedding ... LOL!!!  I looked at the Groom and all his brothers whom I was good friend with and laughed ...
Another Run in Years ago with a priest, was when I was stationed at Ft. Stewart Ga. My Wifes family wanted to have Megan our first child baptized back home in their church....  I did not know there was a rule between Diocese on baptizing people that lived out side of the church diocese ... Well I had to get permission from the Diocese on Ft. Stewart so the Priest back home would do the baptism !!!
Well when I went to the Catholic church on post to meet the Priest , He turned out to be a Full Bird Colonel !!  and when I presented my self in the usual way you address an officer in his office , he punched me in the gut and said call me Father,  son !!!
It kinda threw me for a loop, I never had any contact with a catholic priest before him....  and realized that this man could help me better than the Protestant Chaplin we had in our Battalion !!
The Full Bird told me I didnt need the permission but he would give me a letter head with his signature and permission so the Priest back home would be ok with the baptism !!! LOL!!!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2018 at 11:25am
Rhino: don't tell me YOUR startin to get religion??!
      After all these years?

Til now, if you walked into a church, there would be lightning for sure!!
Loose wimmen tightened here
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2018 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Rhino: don't tell me YOUR startin to get religion??!
      After all these years?

Til now, if you walked into a church, there would be lightning for sure!!

Nah, not starting to change religions !!  But I do respect those that respect me !!!
"White Rhino"

Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2018 at 7:45pm
A rabbi, a priest, and a duck walk into a bar. The bartender looks up and says, "What is this? A joke?"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic