Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Gunsmithing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bolt handle moving around when fully closed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2018 at 7:16pm
of a sort , you have to remember as an international site we get many languages here including all variations of english - im a midwestern colonial dialect i think , we have some southern colonial here and some northern -canadian -colnial i would say , then we have those proper queens english sorts with their various dialects , you might have to ask for an explanation when on the phone and in person , but for the most part its understandable in written form 

oh then you have the irish and my ancestral scots here that can make the conversation interesting , 

i must say that you will not find an unlikable sort on this site , we pride ourselves on being civil , jovial , and helpful when possible ----might have to dig amongst the BS but it is there if we have it to offer 
Whitjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2018 at 3:19am
A wonderful tounge-in-cheek explination of the language to be found here...A Square 10!

I live in the southern USA, however I am not truly a southern boy. The dialects here are southern, and mountain southern... the former is sometimes difficult to understand, and the latter can be even more difficult. I suppose that a migrant from outside the south could be considered a dialect by a true southerner... prompting; “You ain’t frm ‘round her, ar’ya?” From the southerner.... such a question requires an explanation to the “northerner” giving the southerner the impression all “Yankees” are less than smart.

You can see where these sort of differences led to our civil war 150 years ago.
(Laughing).

I don’t think that a southerner would be able to understand a Scotsman or Welshman a’tall. However a Cockney accent would likely be understood by a mountain southerner!

It makes me glad that there is the written word!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2018 at 7:27am
I'm stumped. I guess the Exif (data file attached to your image) is somehow written in a way the site can't understand?
I just peeked at the attached file for the image it's tiny, only  few lines with much "normal" data missing!
I don't know why.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2018 at 7:43am
Her ya' go.
Whitjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2018 at 8:17am
Thank you for straightening the photos out.

How did ya do that?
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2018 at 10:04am
Screenshot,then photo editor,flip photo,adjust sharpness,soft light, compress photo,save. All done on my ZTE ProMax-One phone,powered by Android!!!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2018 at 10:08am
All from the confines of my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 while I sip my Dutch Bros select blend coffee waiting for my daughter to finish teaching Sunday School...
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2018 at 10:09am
See how I fit all the product placement ads in there
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2018 at 7:17pm
nice - you should be in advertising - or maybe you were , nice job of getting it all in with so little text - --now , where can i get a cup of that coffee ? it sounds real good right now , 

im finding starbucks and dunn bros , and dunkin donuts ...none sound as tasty as your dutch bros , im thinking its wanting what we cannot have gone viral ......
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2018 at 8:58pm
Dutch Bros is up and down the west coast. Seattle, Washington, Oregon, California,and seven stores here in the metro Phoenix area.
DutchBros.com if you want to buy a pound of it...
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2018 at 8:29pm
thats why ive not had that yet - must visit the left coast one day and try the coffee , im not as snooty as liberals - i will frequent the establishments of those that make a good product no matter their political persuassion , i do prefer that all that is aside or in amicable conversation if it must be,,,but ill not back away if need be , 

used to be different the discussions could get out of hand and end up with a neighbor leaving the party , now there is a riot erupting - damned liberals , they think its the 60s they will be setting off bombs next --then getting elected to congress or the senate - tell me politics aint dirty 
Whitjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2018 at 2:11am
I think next time I’ll post a photo from my iPad, i’ll just turn the thing 180* first... since the forum software doesen’t seem to like iPads.... then nobody else will have to pick it up and “repair” it.

englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2018 at 6:50am
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2018 at 6:53am
Originally posted by Whitjr Whitjr wrote:

They speak English up there, right? Laughing...

Canada has two official languages, English and French.

Canadians speak neither.  Wink
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2018 at 6:53am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic