Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The wait is over...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The wait is over...
    Posted: October 09 2018 at 7:01pm
I have done all I can setting up the 7.62 No4 and my fancy Custom No4.
Tomorrow I go to the range and find out if it was all worth the effort. I will post the aftermath photos tomorrow night.

Wish me luck...
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2018 at 7:07pm
good luck - they look great - cannot see the possibility of not being happy - double negative-you will be happy i think , 
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2018 at 7:13pm
A day at the Range is always a Good Day. Better if you get to shoot something and those look like a pair that will be a Great pair of Shooters. Now you need to show us. Good Luck. 

Later 42rocker
jshaf00 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jshaf00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2018 at 7:46pm
where did you get that AA? fancy walnut?? !!!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 10:38am
It was an untouched 80% inletted Bishop Stock for a No5Mk1 rifle when I found it on eBay for $25.00. Alot of sanding, fitting, sanding,more fitting,and yet some more sanding before everything fell into place.
The barrel is from a No1MkIII* Ishapore rifle so it took alot of time and effort to it all to fit and look good at the same time.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 11:12am
The question may have already been asked but what make and model/specs is the scope on your #4-7.62 rifle?
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 11:20am
It says Eastvale on it. 3-9×50 It can be adjusted from 5 yards out to infinity. Three colored,blue,red,and green LED internal. MilDot cross hairs. The Have A Nice Day face was added by yours truly...
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 2:21pm
Nice work. If I bring the parts and a pizza can you re-barrel a receiver in a day ?  LOLWink
There s a pool I have to visit. Thumbs Up

.............MJ..........

The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 2:27pm
Bring a No4 T you can do without as well.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2018 at 7:24pm
nifty pool - i suppose thats a hot top perched attop ? 
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2018 at 8:24am
Yes a hot tub but the best part is the food and the stars at night. Just North of Tucson. Part of every visit was to visit the late John Sukey and marvel as his toys. He always let me hold his live BREN gun. RIP John.

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2018 at 5:01pm
oh , i did not know john passed , i am so sorry to hear that , we lost one of the good ones 

he and i had a good number of exchanges over the years going back to the original skennerton LE site , he helped my out a lot in the early days and provided boundless bits of info and insight , a truely great guy 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2018 at 5:01am
MJ11: I did not know the gentleman..but sorry to hear of his passing. Anyone that shares the Enfield is - in my books - an interesting individual.

I hope he let you fire the BREN. It was a lifelong desire of mine. When I finally was given the opportunity, I understood immediatley what the old vets meant when they talked about her.

If you have an operational BREN..you wouldn't need a wife!!
Loose wimmen tightened here
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2018 at 8:24am
A walk through John's place was a trip through time. There was not shelf or nook that you could not spend an hour just looking at history. I tripped over a box of Vicker locks trying to get into the Loo. Got my foot hooked in the web sling of PIAT in the hallway. Once a sat on the couch and got loaded SLR 20 round magazine poke in the back pocket.  An amazing man and so generous too. He once spent an hour stripping and assembling his VICKER's HMG for my wife. It was like some classes i sat through in the 60's.

Did you know he collected Panther motorcycles ? Boxes and boxes of Panther parts. He had several Cushman motor scooters from WW2 two restoration and one running on one trip, next time they were all gone.

I guess I can share some pictures now. I will have to dig back in my files.

RIP John thanks for the memories.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2018 at 8:23pm
nope , in all the talks we had we never discussed motorcycles - only enfields a few times and mostly webleys and colts , he was a wealth of knowledge - much more than anyone that met him late in life might immagine , he was here on this site a few times back a bit but never really got into it like he did back when , i shall miss him 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic