Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Accessories
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - And so the game's afoot!  King Henry IV Part I, 15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

And so the game's afoot! King Henry IV Part I, 15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: And so the game's afoot! King Henry IV Part I, 15
    Posted: November 27 2018 at 10:32am
Finally found one of these little devils, I've been looking for over a year for a good 'un!

A.J. Parker Broad arrow stamped "Close up mount" To attach a BSA No9G folding peep sight to my SMLE!

They're as rare as chickens teeth because the No9's were mainly used on the earlier Martini's. I have the PH5A, on the SMLE now, but its nowhere nearly as convenient as a 5C on a No4, particularly for cleaning the rifle.

Now all I have to do if ind a BSA No9G sight to go with it.
Confused
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2018 at 10:59am
Well, one bit at a time. It's a start anyway. Got to love how we do that to ourselves though.
smerdon42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smerdon42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2018 at 2:22pm
Lucky bastard got a Aj Parker 9f and plate to mount up to a shtle 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2018 at 7:05am
Who did? You?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
smerdon42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smerdon42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2018 at 7:45am
Yes I got one for one of mine
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2018 at 9:04am
How do you like it, particularly for bolt removal?
It seems you could just "swing it out of the way"!
smerdon42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smerdon42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2018 at 3:59pm
Yeah you just swing it up and push it forward kind of like the rear volley sight peep
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2018 at 7:40pm
congrats on that find - i looked last night and did not fully understand what you had - is the rest of it available or do you already have it in hand ? 
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2018 at 10:03pm
Shamu
Way to go. I hunt down those marks on the 1917,19,28's Machine guns. It's fun to find a marked part that you have been looking for. I have most of the stuff that I've been looking for down to just a few items. Of course I also look for special MG42 marked parts also.
Good Luck on your special parts hunt. 

Later 42rocker
smerdon42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smerdon42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2018 at 3:14am
Shamu everything is in hand
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2018 at 7:04am
For me the sight is still in the searching for stage.
These were earlier sight & mostly used with the Martinis.
Because of that the SMLE mount plate (with the dogleg) is rarer than the sight itself!
Add to that the need for the later sights with more windage adjustment (a good thing with the thicker L/E action & its a grail (or snipe) hunt!

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2018 at 7:48pm
cool - good luck , 
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2018 at 11:57am
Looks Nice. 

Later 42rocker
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2018 at 1:29pm
I have the PH-5A on it & its a nice sight BUT. To clean the gun you need to either pull the sight arm (easy with a QD feature) or add about 60 clicks of elevation to remove the bolt. I do not remember doing that with the PH5C on my No 4's?
The BSA/A.J. Parker/Parker Hale No9 just pivots out of the way!

smerdon42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smerdon42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2018 at 2:23pm
Shamu here is my Parker /BSA sights
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2018 at 6:25am
Very nice early sight! see the flip up volley sight rear sight!
The ones with the longer windage arm screw is exactly what I'm looking for too, I'm jealous.
Shocked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic