Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Stuff for Enfields > Enfield Stuff for Sale *Must Have 20 Points to Post.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

.303 Lee Enfield No1Mk5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twodogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: .303 Lee Enfield No1Mk5
    Posted: December 05 2018 at 4:33am
Hi
Devizes Gunsmith here in the Uk currently has one for sale at £2795, or about $3568.

A beauty, enjoy.

https://thedevizesgunsmith.co.uk/notice-board/

.303 Lee Enfield No1Mk5
Trials Rifle

Rare and wonderfully original example
All matching (original) numbers
Correct trials pattern components
Excellent original barrel

.303 Lee Enfield No1Mk5 Troop Trials Rifle, Circa 1924. Rare and wonderfully original example of the first rifle trialled to replace the No1Mk3 SMLE in the early years following WW1. This example is all matching (original) numbers and has all the correct trials pattern (and Enfield inspectors marked) components throughout even down to the foresight blade and (often missing/wrong) magazine cut-off with no sighting hole. Excellent original barrel (numbered and dated) gauging at .303” all making this a very desirable example indeed that would make an excellent collection piece as well as a fine shooter.
£2,795.00

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2018 at 6:21pm
sure glad i got mine when i did and on this side of the pond , that would be a hard pill to swallow to be sure , i might be tempted by an all original early mkVI but even then id be puckered to be sure , 
englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2018 at 6:00am
I am looking for one to restore. Knowing me, I will probably find something stripped with a cut barrel drilled and tapped with sporter wood. I do have a mag cut off plate without the jig hole, so I do have my first part for the build.

These are simply not moving around the open market too much, so me figures that they are mostly in collections already.
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2018 at 4:30pm
at one time on another site there was a bit of an inventory taken and there are quite a few in collections probably some loose that owners dont know what they have - or care , keep your fingers crossed and your eyes open , 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2018 at 9:22pm
There is one one Armslist.com
Just type in Enfield. It should still be there
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic