Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seventy fahsand nicker!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seventy fahsand nicker!
    Posted: December 10 2018 at 7:26am
Cor Blimey!

Innocent until proven guilty of course & we know how accurately the press records such things in the days of Minitrue & Newspeak. I can't think of any sniper rifle worth that kind of money (£50,000)!

But if true this is going to be a shocker! I pity any legit gun owners in the U.K. who purchased anythng from those folks even if legit cuz' you KNOW they're all going to be "Checked out"Ouch

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/11/26/weapons-including-sniper-rifles-stolen-ministry-defence-collection/

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2018 at 8:21am
More:
Oh my! They had him under a microscope for years. Prices sound ridiculously inflated (Lee Enfields worth up to £5,750 ) & A 'UA 86AO570 C sniper rifle' sounds like a serial number not a model.

The court heard weapons recovered by police appeared to have been tampered with and new serial numbers engraved 'for authenticity'.

Oopsie that's another big deal offense if true.,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6430471/Retired-army-officer-stole-guns-including-50-000-sniper-rifle.html

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2018 at 9:11am
At this point I am going to take it with a grain of salt. Some of this in those articles just sounds wonky at best.
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2018 at 1:43pm
The way this story has been presented seems very biased. They do use the word "allegedly" in the first sentence; then carry on as if they have been found guilty!
I do not think publishing peoples addresses is necessary or fare unless the person is actually found guilty and it's actually in the public interest; (such as in a case of child abuse)
innocent until proven guilty? or unless the press want you to be!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2018 at 2:12pm
Truth in journalism??? You gotta be kiddin...
Loose wimmen tightened here
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2018 at 3:07pm
Agreed, very "News Of The World"!

But for some reason they do, possibly because its given in court for everyone & so public information at that point!

I used to hate the bit where you testified (crime scene & forensics photog) & the first thing the Defense always asked you was
Are you"Fred Smith"
Yes.
Do you have any alternate legal names or aliases"?
No
"You currently reside at XX ###### st London EC1"?
Yes
So, this is both your legal & physical place of living"?
Yes
"Are you currently XX years of age"?
Yes
"Do you recognize the alleged defendant, Mr Guido Scalpoini & have you identified him as a member of the Scuingil crime family to this court & the Police"?
Yes (gulp)
Confused

Yeah, I'm real big with that!

NEWS of THE WORLD
Murdered man allegedly dead at crime scene!
Tragically,  murder & arson charges may be brought against Unnamed members of an unnamed (alleged) Crime syndicate who may, possibly have ties to "Organized Crime" in the
unfortunate death of Fred Smith, (38), of XX ###### st London EC1 ( XX years old) His wife & 3 children.
Censored
Why was the age always in brackets?
"Fred Smith (38)"
Shocked
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2018 at 4:37pm
im seein santa clause showin up in this story , i wish there was more truth in journalism again but everything is a tabloid full of propaganda with an agenda 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2018 at 10:09pm
Crap sells & the politicians dictate what the "great unwashed" should / will hear.
Loose wimmen tightened here
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2018 at 6:31pm
yo be sure my friend - to be sure 

oh - BTW - trump won today , just so you know the truth of it , 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2019 at 8:54am
UPDATED:

A firearms dealer has been cleared of three counts of handling stolen weapons.

Adrian Bull, of Devizes, Wiltshire, had denied possessing two "counterfeit" SA80 rifles and a rifle part.

Judge Richard Parkes QC ruled Mr Bull, 64, had no case to answer.

I'm not sure what the heck a counterfeit SA 80 looks like or does. Airsoft? Dewat? Airfix kit or what.

https://images.vectis.co.uk/440/4404_l.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-46737164

Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2019 at 1:41pm
Although I have never seen one I believe there is a kit to convert a Ruger into a SA80 lookalike in .22.
A semi auto full bore rifle isn't legal over here but a .22 semi auto is. Could this be one of those. 
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2019 at 2:41pm
That's a possibility I hadn't considered.
Something about this is beginning to smell fishy to me.
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2019 at 7:30am
I agree.  Reading the Man's articles and posts, you just don't get the sense he would do such a thing...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2019 at 1:58pm
Sounds like a complete fustercluck by the Plods & Prosecution to me.
Retrial is possible though.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic