Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New member fron Illinois

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubfanbudman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member fron Illinois
    Posted: December 15 2018 at 1:04pm
I'm glad I found this forum, a lot of good information here.  I currently have 3 l.e. rifles, a '43 Maltby N0. 4 that I bought last year.  I think it was a Turkish return.

2nd is a 1916 BSA No1. Mk 3* project gun that looks like it was someone bubba'd up years ago. I have almost everything to finish the restoration but the front upper hand guard. I didn't realize how tough it was to find wood parts for these guns.

Lastly is a 1965 2A I found last week. It looks to be an arsenal rework since the stock and nosecap don't match. The bore is immaculate though. It still has cosmoline packed in it, that will be the next project. I haven't found any import marks yet so I don't know the story behind it.

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2018 at 8:00pm
welcome , glad you have joined us , be sure to be in contact with Bear here to transfer info and possibly photos on your maltby , he is compiling data for a book project he has been working on , 

FYI - if you do not know it yet , the 2A rifle is from india , it is the first of two versions of this rifle , the 2A1 version simply changed the graduations on the backsight , there are a number of distinct features on the rifles that stand it apart from the earlier indian mfgrd no1 mk3 & mk3* , 
india actualy used the mk3 & mk3* designations while other commonwealth mfgrs used mkIII & mkIII* 
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2018 at 8:17pm
Welcome..where bouts in " Da Bear's Land" are you?
Loose wimmen tightened here
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2018 at 10:25pm
Welcome 

Later 42rocker
cubfanbudman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubfanbudman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2018 at 12:29pm
I'm about 3 hours south of Chiraq. Corn country.
cubfanbudman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubfanbudman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2018 at 12:50pm
I knew the 2A was Indian, I had always dismissed them thinking they were of lesser quality. This one had been at my LGS for awhile, after I read some on them I decided to get it.  I'm glad I did.

paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2018 at 5:53am
Welcome!
Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2018 at 7:49pm
i once had a 2A and a 2A1 and they are very fine rifles , the finish often leaves a bit to be desired compared to others but they are great rifles in their own right , i also had a nice RFI mk3 , it had a more classic finish in comparison , also a nice rifle , 

i have friends down in coal country and i once officed in east moline , seems a lifetime ago but it was 79-82 , 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic