Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > After Market Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Enfield 7.62mm with new eyes...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Enfield 7.62mm with new eyes...
    Posted: January 01 2019 at 2:29pm
I couldn't rise the riser even if I wanted to. After drilling the holes,I laid a 1/4" strip of 2 ton epoxy on the riser and then dabbed a little onto the screws. It is not coming apart...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2019 at 1:07pm
You can't rise the riser because it'll foul the bolt when cycling.
Oddly many scopes wont go lower because the knuckle of your thumb will strike the scope eyepiece bell when working the bolt as it rotates to unlocked.

This Leatherwood ART II looks high, but cant be changed because of the "camputer" system its fixed anyway, but it does always clear when working the action.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2019 at 10:25am
The mounts on it now are right at eye level when in a standing posture. It works for meThumbs Up...
englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2019 at 8:51am
Wow, with those high mount rings, you need a cheek riser on your cheek riser.
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2019 at 8:34am
I put medium height  rings on it and took the extension tube off. The main tube on the scope is 35mm...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2019 at 8:23am
There's no such thing as "Too Much Scope" for long range work!

Geek
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2019 at 8:10am
Try it before the shoot, Goosic.  Weight/length may affect where it shoots a bit.

Keep us up to speed....
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2019 at 5:34am
makes the rifle look small
Loose wimmen tightened here
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2019 at 12:25am
I kinda spooked myself into believing that I am not going to hit those targets  next weekend  so I installed an Ade Advanced Optic 6-25×56 scope with low light visibility and starlight magnification if necessary. I also hand loaded 157 cartridges individually just in case as well. I think the scope might be a tad overkill however...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic