Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Out of the doghouse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Out of the doghouse
    Posted: January 05 2019 at 5:29pm

No whole forearms pictures seems to work.

..........Cheers..........
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2019 at 6:53pm
those are really nice , i wish i had something to put one on i would contact you to get one , 
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2019 at 9:02pm
It would appear that you have one to spare?(Top left without the mount) I have cash...
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2019 at 4:20am
geeze Goosic: you didn't win the lottery & not tell us did you?
You shure pour alot of dinaro into your hobby. (lucky stiff!)
Loose wimmen tightened here
terrylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2019 at 6:07am
In the Doghouse.

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2019 at 7:57am
OH NO!! What happened here??
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2019 at 8:02am
Battlefield find?
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2019 at 9:10am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

geeze Goosic: you didn't win the lottery & not tell us did you?
You shure pour alot of dinaro into your hobby. (lucky stiff!)

Didn't win the lottery per say.
I was in a near fatal trucking incident three years ago and received a nice little settlement. Cool
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2019 at 9:12am
I changed my mind. The bottom left one please...
terrylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2019 at 10:05am
Hoadie/Canuck,

White ants, an African curse! Fortunately, now out of the dog house. Has been restored.  Came across another with ruined metalwork, but good furniture. 

A .303 Martini Metford Mk.II,  Natal Pattern, as used by town guards during the Boer War.

Terry 

Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2019 at 11:00am
WOW! Beautiful resto!
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2019 at 11:43am
wow! Whats that tag on rear of stock? Is that some sort of ID?
terrylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2019 at 1:15pm
Hodie,
Merely an inventory number. Every Item in my collection, past or present, and whatever it is, has one. Never repeated. Linked to a central database recording full details such as history, approximate value and disposal. Includes photos. Very useful.   
Terry
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2019 at 5:46pm
White Ants ???  Damn !! wonder if they are as bad as our Black wood ants down here in the Swamp , and oh yes , we have piss ants also ...Actually known as Fire Ants !!!!  But get bit by them and you will know why we call them piss ants !!!  also we have the Formosan termite too !!!  eats your house from around you !!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2019 at 3:59am
Our worst ant here is the black "carpenter" ants. (These are the ones that bring their own saws! ) They will do a stroke of business on your property over time. Fortunatley for us, they seem to be easily controlled
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2019 at 6:39am
African White ants are a form of termite.
My ol buddy Andy who was South African tells of a test they did on the early synthetic stocks for the L1A1 & FALs they had. They took creosoted forends, pistol grips & butt-stocks out into the bush, they also took a matching quantity of the synthetics that where being suggested as a replacement. The task was to scatter them as pairs, on wood one synthetic, around different environments of their patrol sector to see how they fared.

They went back a month later to retrieve them for inspection. All the creosoted wood ones were badly eaten & worm holed, but a few had literally crumbled to dust & except for the surviving synthetic partner they'd never have found where they were!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic