Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

old 22s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: old 22s
    Posted: January 05 2019 at 7:37pm
im a collector of old 22s , not sure anyone else is interested but thought i might start a thread to see what might come of it - these are some of my colts ..

a frontier scout dates to 1967 , i have a 68 as well to make a nice pair , 
an early 3840 that was converted to 22lr [i think it was factory done] 
a pre-woodsman , still looking for the right woodsman to keep it company , 

White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2019 at 5:51pm
Nice !!!!  Stan was talking about getting him a .22 pistol, then my Wife interupted as I was looking up some... So we got interrupted !!! LOL!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2019 at 4:06am
Rhino!! You shouldn't be talkin about Lisa "interupting" you!!
Loose wimmen tightened here
White Rhino View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote White Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2019 at 7:27am
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Well you know how women are, they just chime in and on a different subject !!!  LOL!!
"White Rhino"

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." --W. C. Fields
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2019 at 8:27am
A Square, I have a couple old .22 rifles if that counts in this thread?
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2019 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by White Rhino White Rhino wrote:

Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

Well you know how women are, they just chime in and on a different subject !!!  LOL!!

My bad...thought you meant a "different" kind of "interruption"
Loose wimmen tightened here
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2019 at 8:18pm
seems i interupted this thread , 

yes they count , i have some of those rifles as well , other handguns

as well , 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2019 at 8:36am
I like the older .22's. Many of the new ones are simply big heavy caliber guns bored for .22. There is something about a nice compact little .22.
I always yearned for a Colt Woodsman Match Target, but $$$$$$$$$!
my only .22 a really old 1980's (all metal) Ruger 10/22.
Please excuse the "banana clip Magazine" its my response to MD's 10-round mag law & has gotten many laughs & me banned from one range.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2019 at 8:52am
Nice magazine! I have the same rifle! Ruger 10/22 I bought new in 1982! It has a .22 4x Bushnell. It likes tto shoot Yellow Jackets. Does s number on a gopher. Not enuff left for Grannie Clampetts buiquits and gopher gravy!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2019 at 2:51pm
Thanks, its a 100% "street-legal" 10 rounder, with most of a Wal Mart (2 for a dollar) plastic 'naner glued to it just to irritate the stupid. It has real banana stickers on it even!

Clap
The range that "asked me to leave" Understood that it was 100% legal, but felt it "Violated the spirit of the law"
YES!  (That was the entire point)!

Mine absolutely adores Remington "ThunderPharts"!
It runs fine, feeds without a problem, shoots its best groups & so on with them.
The scope is a "Swift" 3~9X40, what else? Its almost mandatory! This is the rig that I was "Shewting flies at 100 Yds with" (Real & actual,) I had the target with the splattered fly over the X-ring taped to it for ever!
Of course I can never do THAT again!
Censored
Swift is underrated, they make some very nice optics, or did back then.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2019 at 7:10pm
i like the banana clip , call it a handle if you must justify , but the "spirit of the law" that restricts your capacity sorta violates the spirit of the constitution if you ask me , 
i have one of those carbines but no photos , they are a fun little shooter , 

42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2019 at 4:04am
A lot of interesting 22's there. Thanks for the pic share. 

Later 42rocker
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2019 at 8:29am
Nice DW I have its big brother in .38/.357.

Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2019 at 11:58am
i have a number of H&Rs , a number of S&Ws , a beretta , a sig , a number of the rugers , a number of the brownings , a number of hi-standards , a number of colts , a kimber , but i like that dan wesson to shoot better than all , 

here is a cowboy set i made up for grandkids to get into SASS with me as buckaroos , i actually have a pair of the colt frontier scouts that date to mid 60s and a pair of the cimarron birdshead revolvers as well as a second set of leather , i have two grandsons getting to the age and interest , the two granddaughters will be a few years behind , 

Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2019 at 1:38pm
I always wanted a Hi Standard Sentinel, they were made by DW but sold through High Standard's brand.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2019 at 5:03pm
never had one , i have seen some at gun shows but as you say - they were generally higher than i wanted to go , all of mine are semiautos , 

ive had better luck with H&Rs as well as the colts and S&Ws 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic