Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > New Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just arrived

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just arrived
    Posted: January 08 2019 at 7:42pm
Hi all, just signed up, cool forum love all enfields, presently have a No.5,  all matching, but sadly drilled and tapped, got it on the cheap so I didn`t feel too bad for customizing it, don`t judge me Ermm
Hope to add  more unmolested ones in the future.
 My very first was a custom sport Parker-Hale loved it.
 I bought the 5 because I was told they don`t shoot, besides I always loved the looks of the five.
I bought it just to see if all the hooey had any credence, after all, all enfields were designed to shoot well, right?, maybe some better than others.
 First time out with it, used the battle sights, 2.5-3" groups out to 100yrd, next time out I scoped it and shrunk the group a little. I was happy, kicks like a mule though... LOL
I`ve since put a smithless mount and a good target scope on it, also modified the butt a little, pics of that later.
 Going to the range tomorrow to put it up against my 1902 CG G63 FSR BR rifle, should be interesting.
Cheers

Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2019 at 4:44pm
i have no issues with my no 5 , not sure about others here , welcome , 
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2019 at 7:20pm
Looks Good Enjoy. 

Later 42rocker
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2019 at 8:33pm
Welcome to the Forum

My no. 5 shoots really good for the first three or four shots then the barrel gets warm and the accuracy goes down the toilet
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2019 at 10:55pm
I'm taking mine to the range next Wednesday.  I'll let you guys know how it does.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2019 at 6:32am
My No5 is also a rescue, but I went with the sporter wood & a Santa Fe 5-round magazine as it wasn't practical to restore.
Accuracy is about 1/2 that of my No4 Mk2.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2019 at 6:49am
Nice looking sport stocks on those No.5`s.
The 5 rnd mags are the tits, scarce as hens teeth up here, original ones any way.
Canuck View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2019 at 7:05am
Welcome from rainy BC! I own 3-#5's and they all shoot well. They were not designed as a long range rifle, more of a 'jungle carbine' to be used at shorter ranges. Enjoy your rifle and again, welcome.
Castles made of sand slip into the sea.....eventually
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2019 at 8:57am
I have a spare P-H (I think) one which will need fitting.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2019 at 9:40am
Welcome from warm, sunny Brandon Manitoba!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2019 at 9:49am
I have an original No 5..& I cant hit nowt wiv it!
Others can..but no me!
Loose wimmen tightened here
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2019 at 11:04am
5" group @ 100 yds off a bench/rest. Oringinal ladder sights.180 gr hand loads. That was my best with my No.5 Battle Carbine. Plenty good for shots at deer within that range! And hit hard!
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2019 at 12:32pm
Well didn`t make it to the range the other day, snow storm. Went today -10 out, f-ing cold, zeroed new scope at 25, shot out to 100 and made adjustments, then fired 3-3rnd groups, 4.5, 3.75, and a lucky 2.75(gloves off) as measured, still not as good as my CG which will average me on a bad day .3-.5 3 rnd groups.
None the less, the ole No.5`s a hoot to shoot. Thumbs Up

shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2019 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

I have a spare P-H (I think) one which will need fitting.

looks like that may be a cut down 10 rounder, I know there were factory 5 rnd mags made I used to have a couple, but are hard to find, most don`t want to part with them.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2019 at 2:07pm
Supposedly its a factory P-H.
The floorplate with the "wings" for eas(ier) removal were a P-H feature. I think they did make them by cutting down fill capacity mags.
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2019 at 5:58am
As set up for target shooting, very comfy and ergonomic, but is now back to No5ish form(as previous pic). I found no improvement from battle sight to scope.
As groups generally tend to expand with distance, this rifle doesn`t need a scope to be an indirect fire artillery pc.
Scope has been allocated for my Ruger No3 .223 and the stock conversion set up is for sale.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic