Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WEATHER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WEATHER
    Posted: February 06 2019 at 8:24pm
were supposed to get 2-4" of snow the past two days , i got a bit over an inch but local station said over two - i think they measure like high school boys , 

we are supposed to ge 6-8" overnight , so far i have a dusting - i am hoping for the radio exaggeration tomorrow , i did get my blower running last weekend after its failure to start at -35 last week , but i hate running that machine , 

they are predicting another 4-5 tomorrow , please lord - let it go north or south of me ..............please Cry
MarkG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2019 at 8:43pm
Windchill temperature here was -54C this morning, but we seem to be done with snow for a few days.

But no trips to the shooting range for at least two weeks if the temperatures are as low as they forecast.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2019 at 4:08am
Mark G: You must be in saskatchewan. Thats the only place in Canada (according to the news) that has seen those temps.
We were ice fishing last weekend..They kept closing Hwy#11 on our way up. White -outs & blowing snow.(It's amazing how people over-estimate their driving ability in weather like that...& its usually BMWs & AUDIs that are the culprits).
A few multi-car / truck pile-ups as well. Hwy#11 (southbound) was completelt closed w/a 30 car/ 1 truck pile up).
Our temps hit -37C on the ice..(huts are heated).
We are now in our 2nd day of freezing rain. Everything is @ a standstill. What a pain
Loose wimmen tightened here
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2019 at 4:32am
Those temperatures sound like real trouble! Hope you guy's are well equiped and the houses well insulated.
Hoadie, the problem with people driving badly in snow and ice is two fold. Firstly, they never bothered to learn; and secondly, the car manufacturer's put so many relly good systems in the car, the driver thinks it's fail safe. However all the systems are limited by what grip the tyres have. That's where they come unstuck when over confident (or just plain stupid)

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2019 at 6:59am
Time for the hate. It was 78 yesterday and they said 79 today, lower over the weekend. Like 75. 
That said I remember living in Minn. I think that I'll stay in Fla.  
Wish you folks better weather. Stay Warm or be Happy. 

Later 42rocker

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2019 at 2:20pm
well - got 2" yesterday and shveled that , got another 4" overnight and shoveled it this morning in a full blown snow storm , we were told to go home at 2pm so i came home and blew it off the drive , had a good 10" , looking out my upper deck door its about an inch below the seat of the two lawn chairs , still snowing and starting to get windy so i see drifting at the end of my clean drive , should stop falling about 9pm , 

temps are to go below zero tonight and end up about -20f here with -36f wind chills , better than last week [a little] but not so nice , 

was supposed to be a jackpot shoot sunday but i think it will get canceled 
englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2019 at 2:33pm
Sounds good. Canadians would be walking around in shorts
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
SW28fan View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SW28fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2019 at 3:35pm
It was very warm (70s) Tuesday but a front passed through so it is close to freezing here right now. Should be in the 20s tonight.
Have a Nice Day
If already having a nice day please disregard
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2019 at 3:51pm
Oh he!!! in MD they walk around in snow wearing parkas & shorts.
Cry
I wonder if the frozen "Naughty bits"aren't hereditary as their parents & grandparents froze theirs as well.
"Yes it kills brain cells, but only the weak ones"!
Question
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
MarkG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2019 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Shamu Shamu wrote:

"Yes it kills brain cells, but only the weak ones"!

Oddly enough, I read a magazine article a while back about the Germans in Russia during WWII and apparently some of them just dropped down dead because fluid in their brains froze.
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2019 at 7:20pm
Here is a picture of my driveway from this morning. The black vehicle, a company vehicle, is parked at the end of my driveway. We have gotten twice-weekly snow and high winds since Christmas.

britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2019 at 7:31pm
It’s unusually warm here today in the South East.  68 degrees at my house at 10:30 PM.  Going to the range tomorrow, sure beats working!  “Cold front” passing thru tonight, tomorrow’s high in the low 40’s.  
paddyofurniture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paddyofurniture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2019 at 7:04am
It is 68 to go 31 in North Carolina to day.

Go to love winter.

Time to cut some more wood, get a jump on next year.

Always looking for military manuals, Dodge M37 items,books on Berlin Germany, old atlases ( before 1946) , military maps of Scotland. English and Canadian gun parts.
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2019 at 7:32am
Tampa Bay Fla area was 81 yesterday.  To those in the North Stay Warm. 

Later 42rocker

Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2019 at 3:17pm
- 41C, wind-chill -55 C. Brandon, Manitoba. Drop the mike...
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2019 at 4:12pm
That is about the same as I had at my place last week. That was a brutal day. Stay warm up there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic