Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red stripes on Savage Lee-Enfield No.4 MKI*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2019 at 2:22pm
I understood your comment HT. I just meant that in his particular case,no amount of bobbing his barrel will help. Reminds me of the time I was working on a 66' Plymouth Belvedere that the owner had just smoked the engine on.It was a basket case. The owner asked me what he should do to fix his issues.  I noticed that he had put a brand new radiator cap on his junked radiator. I suggested that he jack the radiator cap up and park a new car under it... Salvage the furniture and metal bits and park a workable barreled receiver in it...
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2019 at 2:26am
Originally posted by Yeoman Yeoman wrote:

Hey Hoadie,
Thanks for the speedy reply to my post. There is not a"D.P." marking or stamp that I can find and I've been over the rifle pretty thoroughly while cleaning the cosmoline off. I will definitely have it looked at before I go any further. I'll take it up to my local gunsmith and have him inspect it.

If you have it looked at make sure that the gunsmith is experienced with Enfield rifles.
Good luck.
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2019 at 5:22pm
dittos that , the best defence is inspection and confirmation first , second line is a firm rest , long string , and tree to hide behind ..............i did come from the arkansas hills , 
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2019 at 1:18am
Originally posted by A square 10 A square 10 wrote:

dittos that , the best defense is inspection and confirmation first , second line is a firm rest , long string , and tree to hide behind ..............i did come from the Arkansas hills , 

I`ve done that...  Wink
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2019 at 7:57am
Was that The Ozarks or the Ouachita?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Yeoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yeoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2019 at 2:12pm
I really appreciate everyone's helpful input. Had a friend who knows these rifles inspect it and he gave me the thumbs up. I popped the bolt from another Lee-Enfield rifle I own in the receiver, tied the rifle to a stout table, procured a long string and fired it. I ran ten rounds through it with no problems. Nevertheless, this one might just be more of a wall hanger than a shooter for me. I own another No4 MKI which is my go-to fun gun, so I won't be missing out.
Once again thanks to everyone for letting me pick your brains on the subject.

Cheers,
Yeoman
Beer
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2019 at 6:52pm
eureka springs area , im a proud hillbilly , southerner [even if relocated north] , and my stars and bars are not racist - they are historical , im proud of those too as i have relatives that fought , they can tear down the monuments but they cannot erase the memory - we are all americans , more than i can say for some here today , 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic