Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

M1907 sling with a "king screw" swivel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M1907 sling with a "king screw" swivel
    Posted: April 13 2019 at 9:51am
How to fit an M1917 (2 loop leather) sling to a Lee Enfield fitted with the "King Screw Swivel".
I owe these excellent images to "Nathaniel Brooke" a member of another forum who took them in response to a question of mine.
I've seen many threads on rigging for a "standard 2 swivel" rig, but this was new to me & it's baffled me for some time.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2019 at 8:48pm
really ? i love that you have shared this but i am certain you knew that installation before you found the photos ......it only makes sense .....thanks for sharing them , i have not seen photos of one installed before and never had occassion to install the M1907 to an enfield yet , it does give me something i did not have before , 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2019 at 6:55am
Actually no, I never had!
Embarrassed
I've used it with the web sling (both one at the "cavalry" position & 2 for the double-loop style). I've also used a "Ching Sling" which depends on the 3rd swivel to work.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rJ102USdPFw/ThsNCNbWwaI/AAAAAAAABsQ/jPITkdnzgyg/s1600/BLOG+CHING+SLING.jpg

I've used the M1907 with the "regular" swivels also but I never figured out the correct method with the "King Screw Swivel"!
I learned something new yesterday!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2019 at 8:02am
Very good, Sham, but I'm a bit surprised you call it a "king screw".   :-)
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2019 at 1:19pm
'Murican Vernacular, hence the quotes, I'se acclimatizing, I is.
Censored
Pukka Bundook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pukka Bundook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2019 at 2:09pm
I'll let you off, since you put it in quotation marks, Sham....but only the  once!   :-)
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2019 at 2:13pm
BWHAHAHaHahaha!
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2019 at 4:08am
I’ve not thought to rig the M1907 sling that way either.  Not sure it would be legal for the CMP Vintage Military Rifle matches.   The Rules allow use of the M1907 sling on any vintage military bolt rifle, it doesn’t say how it has to be rigged.  A swivel on the Trigger Guard Main Screw is not “as issued” so someone might complain about that.  I have one on my LB No. 4 Mk1/3 but I never thought about that.  

Im personally not tied up with minor details of the rules, but there are those who are looking for ways to disqualify the top shooters and use the Rules to do so.  

A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2019 at 6:48pm
this is one of the reasons enjoy this site so much - it actually presents things we might be thinking of or trying to do with some great responses as to how to do it as well as the discussion of if it is acceptable , 

obviously we can all come up with a solution to our individual issues , its nice to know what others are doing , and why , and if they are acceptable in competition , 
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2019 at 6:51am
The main screw swivel was issue on the No4(T)s, would that count?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2019 at 8:08am
Shamu, yes, if your rifle was an "as issued" No. 4(T), or a repro such as Goosic's Savage.  I believe it would be legal to remove the scope and use the Mk 1 aperture sight in the vintage military matches, in which case, the main screw swivel would be correct. 
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2019 at 11:24am
In our Service rifle matches we are only allowed 2 anchorage points for the sling. So I assume that using the mid band swivel and the main screw swivel would be legal; if the rifle is fitted with one. Not sure if they would get funny about the sniper swivel on a standard rifle. But if you win with it; it's a good bet someone will complain.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2019 at 6:48pm
Britrifles. 
Could you recheck the rules Britrifles please. I was told I cannot use the Mk2 scope but I can compete with the Mk1 scope. This is what I was told by the guy here in Phoenix.  There is a match this October and my Savage is ready  to go...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2019 at 4:02am
The CMP 6th Ed. 2018 Rules state “No. 32 (M32 variants)” for the No. 4 Mk I(T).  In other words, any variant of the No. 32 scope is allowed.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic