Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reloading > Reloading .303 British
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Binge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Binge
    Posted: April 21 2019 at 8:21am
I kinda got on a roll yesterday. Had a bunch of PPH brass all polished, sized, champhered laying a round. I primed and loaded everything! Don't have an empty .303 cartridge in the Man Cave! 195 rounds ready for the summer range time!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2019 at 8:50am
Sweet I have a big reloading session coming up myself.
I have to custom load for all 3 Enfields! ARGHHHhhhh!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2019 at 12:17pm
I’ve tried to find ways to speed up the reloading process.  Neck sizing with a collet die is a big time saver compared to using a FL die.  Requires no lube, so no lube to remove from the case after sizing.  

I got myself a RCBS case prep center last year, another big time saver for trimming and chamfering necks.  

I prime with a Sinclair hand priming tool which requires placing a primer in the punch and case in the she!! holder one at a time.  I haven’t moved to an auto prime system, heard of a few incidents of a primer going off and setting off the entire tray of primers in the reloaders face. 

My routine these past few years has been shooting 80 rounds of .30-06 in my M1 and 80 rounds of .303 in my No. 4 each week. Occasionally as much as 120 each.  It takes me about 6 hours to reload those 160 to 240 cases.  

Since I now have two No. 4 rifles in .303 and two in 7.62, I have to keep the brass separated for each rifle.  Plus I reload for my Dad’s No. 4 Mk 1(T), but don’t shoot that rifle very often.  

I used to enjoy reloading, but now it’s become a chore to feed my shooting sport.  

Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2019 at 3:08pm
Shamu. Same here. I had 120 brass that had been fired out of various rifles. Kept separate and labelled for the particular rifle, of course. These I  had already neck sized, trimmed, camfered and primed. 40 of these I full sized so I could fire them from my Carbine and my No1 Lithgow I'm hoping to have in my hands in the next few weeks.Once I get a first firing, I'll neck size those for the individual rifle also.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2019 at 5:40pm
HT.  I spent Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday reloading all my resized,cleaned, and primed Lake City 7.62 brass. My girlfriend suggested that I take a break for awhile.  After the final count was taken,I had reloaded 1005 rounds. The following pic shows 502 rounds on the left and 503 rounds on the right. I still have 220 rounds to finish...
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2019 at 8:23am
Sweet!
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2019 at 1:22pm
I've a bit of reloading to do next week too. Got the next round of competition in May and need to practice as well; also my wife is now shooting the .303 in competition too. So that's doubled the bullet count!
I have refined my methods over the years; initially I would clean the brass before sizing, then have to clean it again due to the lube. Now I de-prime using a home made press tool. Then resize before cleaning in the ultrasonic bath. Trim to length and chamfer. Then prime in the dillon rig, hand load the powder using a digital trickle measure. Then back to the dillon to press the bullet. Sounds complicated but it's actually not too bad.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2019 at 7:47pm
i did not have that much to do but got all mine done last week finally 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2019 at 6:27am
I finished my .303 reloads last night and checked my inventory:

.223       240 rounds
.303       360 rounds
.308       180 rounds
.30-06    560 rounds

Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2019 at 6:56am
Pretty ready for the Zombie Apocalypse!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2019 at 7:37am
HT, I'll post a pic of my ammo stash (not reloads, but factory ammo), I keep it for the Zombie Apocalypse! 

The reloads are for shooting at the range Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2019 at 1:29pm
Here’s my stash of ammo for the Zombie Apocalypse.

.303 is in the wood boxes behind the .30 and .50 Cal ammo cans. 

This is a small stash compared to the real ammo hoarders.  I’m just a rookie.  

Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2019 at 1:46pm
britrifles, that should do the trick!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2019 at 3:11pm
I will keep the zombies at bay here in Phoenix. 

.243=150

.303=1895

.308=2440

30-06=1
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2019 at 3:37pm
Goosic. Better make that 1 30/06 count! It looks like you're in good shape also!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2019 at 4:19pm
Got a chuckle out of the 1 .30-06.  

I have something to add to my list:

.50 Cal.   1 round.  

Unfortunately, no rifle to fire it in.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic