Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Stuff for Enfields > Enfield Stuff for Sale *Must Have 20 Points to Post.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No. 4 Magazines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idahomie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2020 at 5:41pm
Greetings gentlemen, I am new to this forum but not new to guns, rifles in particular as I was in the marines when the first space shuttle blew up (dating myself) but I am new to the enfield club having just been given one by a friend who upon moving into a house he bought found the rifle rat holed away somewhere and didn’t want it and knowing that am somewhat of a rifle buff gave it to me. I don’t know much about the rifle however I do know that the wrist ring has a date of 1904 on it and the barrel and the receiver serial numbers match... oh and the riflings and chamber look as though they were cut yesterday. Alas, it has been sporterized  but to what extent I know not, I would like to start shooting it but would like to do so safely, also it is missing the magazine. I understand that the no.1 and later rifles have different mags, can someone please let me know what to check on the action for possible problems, troubles, where I can get the correct magazine for my rifle and some safe starting loads, I have Hornady 150 gr. Soft points also some 123 gr. Bullets that I understand will shoot well enough For plinking. Reading your posts I can see that many of you know allot about these wonderful pieces of history, anything will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 
God, Family, Freedom, everything else is superfluous.
pan957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pan957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2020 at 10:19am
Could you please post some pictures? A closeup of the right wrist area metal showing the make & model would help.
pan957
Zanestrizz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zanestrizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2021 at 9:48pm
anybody used one of these mags with luck? Or are they even still available? I am in desperate need of a mag. 5 round or 10 not picky!! For no.4 mk1*. I don’t have a mag at all right now and would be much more enjoyable to have one!!🙃 every single gun store and their mother are sold out or $150!! 🤯 i would continue single shot for that cost🙄
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 5:36am
Originally posted by Zanestrizz Zanestrizz wrote:

anybody used one of these mags with luck? Or are they even still available? I am in desperate need of a mag. 5 round or 10 not picky!! For no.4 mk1*. I don’t have a mag at all right now and would be much more enjoyable to have one!!🙃 every single gun store and their mother are sold out or $150!! 🤯 i would continue single shot for that cost🙄
PM me when you see this.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 10:20am
Avoid "Pro-Mag" like the plague!
But there is a British place making new 5 & 10 rounders. I have one & it works fine.
The biggest problem is they can't keep up with demand.

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
flatheadsal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatheadsal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 4:21pm
303 Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 303 Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 8:20pm
I had a Pro Mag and I didn’t think it was too bad. The biggest issue was that the floor plate is a separate piece from the sides, not one piece like the original magazine, and if you were not careful it would slide off, dropping all of rounds, the magazine follower and spring on the ground.
The Lee Enfield is to the Canadian north what the Winchester repeater was to the American west.   Cal Bablitz
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2021 at 9:18am
That would pretty much be a bad thing to me.
Evil Smile
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2021 at 9:21am
I PM'd the guy. I have a couple of spares I can part with. Now we wait...
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2021 at 9:27am
I had a Pro Mag for like 2 minutes. I put it in the rifles, the bottom fell out. Slide the bottom back on to the magazine (didn't feel tight) repeated the above, bottom fell out. Thought about brazing it, but gave my head a shake, returned it and bought an original of Gun Post for $60 CAD. I do have my name on the list for a five rounder from that place in the UK, but not holding my breath. 
Doco Overboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doco Overboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2021 at 4:44pm

I picked one of these up a few weeks ago when I seen your post, thanks for the heads up! Thumbs Up
Couldn't beat it with a stick.
flatheadsal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatheadsal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2021 at 7:45pm
Smile
Originally posted by Doco Overboard Doco Overboard wrote:

Originally posted by flatheadsal flatheadsal wrote:

posted this awhile ago

I picked one of these up a few weeks ago when I seen your post, thanks for the heads up! Thumbs Up
Couldn't beat it with a stick.

Smile
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2021 at 10:31am
Sweet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic