Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oh oh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oh oh
    Posted: May 29 2019 at 11:40am
Sounds like Canada is on the verge of banning semi auto assault rifles and handguns, plus tougher background checks on new PALs and renewals. Trudeau trying to mirror New Zealand. I don't like to get political, but we need to vote this clown out. Sorry for my small rant.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2019 at 11:48am
You knew it was coming...he wnet to NZ & voiced publicly thatb he approved of her "reforms" on firearms, & said Canada needs to draft similar legislation
Loose wimmen tightened here
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2019 at 12:30pm
We (UK) got there first
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2019 at 3:30pm
Lucky you, Stanforth..
Loose wimmen tightened here
smerdon42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smerdon42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2019 at 3:58pm
guys the laws are there to stop idiots getting guns .i hav emit plenty here in USA that could not even empty their weapons . Knowledge is poor as they see it on the internet .instead of physically learning how they work . I am for more gun control being I am an Aussie here in USA I see not enough of enforcement of the law , but lots of law enforcement .
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2019 at 6:40pm
What constitutes an “assault rifle”?  Is it a ban on all autoloading rifles including rifles like the Ruger 10-22?   
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2019 at 8:21pm
as they erode your rights they take your independence - control the criminals and the insane - leave the general population alone , 
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2019 at 1:50am
Originally posted by smerdon42 smerdon42 wrote:

guys the laws are there to stop idiots getting guns .i hav emit plenty here in USA that could not even empty their weapons . Knowledge is poor as they see it on the internet .instead of physically learning how they work . I am for more gun control being I am an Aussie here in USA I see not enough of enforcement of the law , but lots of law enforcement .
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2019 at 7:27am
You are of course entitled to your opinion, but here's a counterpoint.
https://pics.onsizzle.com/gun-control-criminals-this-is-why-common-sense-gun-laws-9999115.png
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2019 at 7:47am
Not necessarily my opinion. it's an American poster.

I do believe that some gun controls are good but not to control a specific type of gun. It's not guns that are the threat it is the people.
Here in the UK you are unlikely to get shot but you might well get stabbed. The reason is that we have strict controls over who owns firearms but no control over knives.

There is far too much concern over the types of guns, it's the nut on the butt that does the damage.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2019 at 8:45am
This is the perplexing part of gun control for me. If I want to purchase a shotgun,.22 rifle,1911 pistol or an Enfield rifle,anything  requiring a cartridge,i am required to fill out a document and then wait to see if I am approved however. If I want to purchase a 50 caliber percussion or flintlock rifle,percussion shotgun,or ,to be very specific here, a 1851 .44 caliber Colt made by Traditions on-line,I give them my credit card information and three business days later,it arrives in my mailbox. I have two Colt Navy revolvers that can do the same amount of damage as a new fangled revolver yet all I had to do to purchase those revolvers was to just pay for it with absolutely no background checks. I had to have a background check done not too long ago when I bought a very old single shot Western Auto .22. The interesting thing about the Navy revolvers is that I can buy aftermarket conversion cylinders that let them fire cartridges instead of a ball of lead. So I end up with two single shot centerfire revolvers that were purchased legally with no background check. There is your WTF moment...
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2019 at 9:18am
I repectfully disagree with the thoughts that gun control will keep firearms out of the hands of irresponsible people. In our case, meaning Canada, 90% of firearms related violence is directly attributed to our big city gangs... and drugs. That is a fact. They don't fill out forms, pass tests, or need a license. Unless our, and I suspect any Commonwealth country finally get the guts and address the root cause of this upswing of urban violence, it will continue. Sorry again for the rant. 
smerdon42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smerdon42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2019 at 9:47am
Poking the bear here !! As someone who went through gun control in Australia and now lives in America where there is minimal Control . I see both sides but you will never keep guns out of the hands of those who really want them to do wrong . My point is we should control those who are not emotiaonlly stable or able to secure their guns  correctly 
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2019 at 11:04am
The problem is that controls are made by politicians whose main aim is to get votes. They won't restrict people ( and loose votes) but don't mind restricting the hardwear.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2019 at 11:57am
*** WARNING, this post contains some "salty" quotes, language that is not the norm on here. But I think its important to read the actual unedited content in the message Ms Ayres espouses. **

Its all about appearance, very little of it is of any actual substance.
Looking back at the "Clinton gun ban" years after it sunsetted they decided it had had "Minimal to no effect"!
I dislike the deceptiveness of the gun control crowd. If you're going to be "The Pillar Of Virtue" you shouldn't be doing it with hype, lies & distortions.
For example I post this fairly regularly on a social media site which is very pro progressive & it always produces a downright Wagnerian outburst of hate mail because it's kind of damming when you look at the overall layers of distortion:

"Since the faceless Gnomes at Facebook “Zentral Kontrol” Are now so big into biased “Fact checking”I thought I should repay the service.

Firearms, fact check on “Progressive Terminology”.

AR 15's are “Weapons of War” FALSE!

No military anywhere in the world has type-accepted the AR-15 as a standard service weapon.

“Assault Weapon”, FALSE

There is no such thing as an “Assault Weapon”. There is, or was an “Assault Rifle” or two, namely the Kalanikov AK-47 (in its full military “weapon of war” (selective fire , short barreled) configuration, & the Nazi The StG 44 (abbreviation of Sturmgewehr 44, "assault rifle 44") is a German selective-fire rifle developed during World War II. It is also known as the MP 43 and MP 44 (Maschinenpistole 43 and 44). , but the term Stumgewer, (literally storming equipment) was simply a political ploy to fool The Fuhrer, Adolf Hitler, into approving the type for production.

“High Caliber” FALSE.

There is no “High” or for that matter, “Medium” or “Low Caliber” as a meaningful term.

We need National Background Checks. FALSE!

There has been a federal background check run by the F.B.I. since the 1980's, the NICS. Despite millions of background checks there has not been even one prosecution based on its results.

https://www.nicsezcheckfbi.gov/

Its as easy to buy a firearm as it is to buy a book. FALSE!

Have you ever been asked for I.D. To buy a book?

Have you ever had to pass a background check to buy a book?

Have you ever had to wait for a designated “cooling off period” to buy a book?

Have you ever been limited to only one book every 7, 10, 14 or 30 days?

Tighter gun controls reduce gun crime, FALSE.

“It is the surrounding lax areas that cause the high crime rates because firearms are too easily accessible.” FALSE.

If it were true those surrounding areas would have higher crimes, but they don't.

Semi-fiull automatic. FALSE.

This is simply gibberish. There are semi automatic (self-loading) firearms, there are Fully Automatic (machine gun) firearms, & there are s”elective fire”, (both semi & fully automatic firearms”, which are regulated tightly as are machine guns. These is no such thing as a semi-fully anything.

High Capacity magazines cause higher casualty rates in mass shootings. FALSE

Several recent high casualty/mortality shootings have been committed with standard (presumably LOW capacity) magazines

We need to prohibit possession of military-grade firearms, which have no purpose on our streets. FALSE.

Military Grade is a meaningless term anyway, Military SPEC is an actual definition, but no-one knows what “Military GRADE” actually means, probably nothing, but it sounds scary. Additionally military spec weapons have been classed separately from other firearms since 1934, & are (for the most part say 99.9% of the time) illegal “on the streets”.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/national-firearms-act

Gun “Buyback”, FALSE!

If they didn't sell it to you in the first place there is no “buy back”, just enforced confiscation with a minimal remuneration. Think of it as “compulsory purchase” or “eminent domain”.

You don't need an AR15 to hunt Bambi. Mixed.

You may not need it, & its not really big, or powerful enough, but it can be done & is legal in many states.

The main point though is this is a Straw Man argument.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/straw%20man

There is no reference to either “NEED” nor “HUNTING” in the constitution, not The Bill Of Rights anyway.

Thank you for taking the time to read this “False/Fake News update” provided as a PSA."

=================================================================

Unfortunately we're being forced into an "all or nothing" position. There is no longer a middle ground because of people like Alison Ayres, who believes & suggests things like this:

"You *can* legislate culture. You just don’t have the guts to do it. Prohibition was half-assed. The war on drugs is half-assed. Let me tell you how you *actually* get guns banned.

You use the f**king data that the NSA has. You check membership in gun clubs, you check the surveillance footage to see who’s a regular at shooting ranges. You check the people who are associated with the NRA. You get yourself a good long list of the people in America who love guns.
Then at random, regular intervals, you do spot checks on them. Stop-and-Frisk them in the streets, get warrants and search their houses, monitor their online activities. Conduct raids and spot checks.
And when you inevitably catch these f**kers with banned material? You don’t haul them into a cushy prison. Once the gavel comes down, you haul their asses into the town square or the main road or whatever the local equivalent is and you execute them. Make sure everyone sees. Make sure they get a good, hard look at the fate that awaits those that disobey the law.
Perform this ritual thrice a month or more for the length of a full year, and we see how many black markets people try to set up, how many Mafia members try to muscle in, with the threat of summary detention, with the threat of public execution.
And if people rebel? If people get angry and erupt into civil war? Then you put them down. I do not care if they are MAGA NRA members or poor black people trying to scrape a living. Those who violate the law have no place in civilized society.
Perform things as I lay out, and I guarantee you that America will be free of guns in a year’s time. Except you won’t because you pussies that care more about civil liberties than properly enforcing legislation!"
Censored
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2019 at 12:03pm
I think one of the big problems facing gun enthusiasts is the press; and therefore the population of none gun owners who believe the press. They fail to admit that there are millions of very responsable and mentally stable  people who own and use firearms on a regular basis. 

In France we have reasonably strict gun control. It works; but is still under threat by the non gun politicians. 
We must have a club membership affiliated to the National Federation or a Hunting licence. Each year our licence is signed by our Doctor. All firearms are registered with the local authority. Semi Auto and handguns (class B) require prior authority from the Police. This is basically for a background check. You receive the authorisation prior to purchase for these weapons. They are to be kept in proper locked safes or gun cabinets.
The class B also requires three "control" shoot's each year. This is carried out at your own club by one of the qualified members. This is basically a safety test to ensure proper gun control and how to clear the chamber in case of a misfire etc.
All this may seem complicated; but it works!

However! everytime a criminal or terrorist uses an illegally imported firearm; it's the legal owner's who have to deal with the political knee jerk!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic