Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oh oh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2019 at 9:20pm
that boat sailed here - picking up every single firearm in this country would be more costly than some of the commie left wing agendas , the fun part might be finding them all , but aside that taking them will not be resistance free , the ownership here has shifted since the first and second WW in that back then most every household had them , today the rural areas and collectors hold them , there are a lot they could get but so many they could never hope to - particularly the lefts beloved gangsters who will always have them .....no record to follow , 

the left might stop sales or even confiscate the easily found , then its game on - they have no idea what that might look like and i cannot either as that craziness would make our revolution and civil war combined look pale , even people that think left would be in that one to the point that the commies cannot imagine , 

i will give them that they will tear this country asunder but  i think they know not what they are really seeking , 

good thing is - our constitution says NO and as long as we live by that it wont happen , no matter the posturing and attempts - what they miss is that taking the second will lose them the first and every other with it , 
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2019 at 2:53am
I wish Canada had a real constitution, what we have is a piece of legislation that allows the powers to be baby sit us to the worst of their ability with total disregard to our real wants and needs.
And lately seems to be a for profit corporation, My wage is the highest its been in decades, but I seem to be earning less than ever, time for a  boston-esque tea party....Angry
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2019 at 4:22am
If gun confiscation were tried in the US with the objective of ending gun violence, it would result in many more deaths than they were attempting to prevent for years to come.

Most of the shootings here are also gang and drug related violence.  I say go at it, just don’t shoot innocent bystanders.  

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2019 at 4:38am
Y'know...before we had allowed certain species of "immigrant" into Canada (because they were "commonwealth" nations), we didn't have ANY of these problems.
All of a sudden we have all this fire arm related violence. More often than not - innocent bystanders get hit because these clowns don't know how to shoot - let alone handle a fire are.(New Years Day shooting @ Toronto's Eaton Center few years back comes to mind).
In the civilized days, if the "mob" wanted a "word" with you..they would take you out somewhere & whack ya! Thus now innocents getting hurt, no public trauma. (Maybe we should let the Mob go after the gangs )
...Gee, I may be genius!
Loose wimmen tightened here
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2019 at 4:52am
Let me at it, I`d luv to go gang hunting, me thinks the MNR should open a new season with no bag limit. Wink
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2019 at 7:43pm
"Most of the shootings here are also gang and drug related violence. "

aint that the truth - did anyone see the chicago statistics for the last two weekends - not just dead but shot , one of the most gun controlled areas of this country and they out shot and out killed both of the shootings the news is covering by multiple times , 

all of the gun related issues that have occurred here in the last two years were drug related and gang related - related to chicago since we imported them here , the one this weekend was ,
the other was gang related - knife not guns but the girls were all gang members 
MarkG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2019 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Honkytonk Honkytonk wrote:

Well, in Canada, the majority of firearms owners don't own these weapons.

I read an article recently which claimed that about 40% of PALs were Restricted, so while it may be true that the majority don't own handguns, a large minority probably do. As for 'assault weapons', the SKS is probably one of the most popular rifles in Canada.

While I don't trust Liberals in the slightest, I will be surprised if Trudeau does anything before the election; there are few votes to be gained, and still many to be lost. The anti-gunners couldn't even manage to get enough people together to stuff the results of his online survey last year to support more laws.

And the whole thing is silly, anyway. We're at most ten years away from criminals being able to download an AK47 off the Internet. The whole concept of 'gun control' is coming to an end.

Either way, Trudeau has probably done as much for AR-15 and handgun sales in Canada as Obama did in the US. A mere rumour that he may ban them and the entire country sells out of stripped AR-15 lowers in days.
MarkG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2019 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by shiloh shiloh wrote:

It all boils down to a united nations mandate to disarm the civilian world population, New World Order.

Maybe. But Trudeau hasn't even imposed the UN firearms marking regulations that the Canadian government signed up to fifteen years ago and have been putting off ever since, unless he rolled that into Bill C-71 when I wasn't looking.

He's had years to pass any kind of anti-gun law he wanted, and a large-enough majority to do so. So far he hasn't, so fingers crossed he doesn't intend to.

But making it a pledge if re-elected, quite possibly. Fortunately that's probably not going to happen.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2019 at 3:21am
when was the last time you heard of a Canadian politician following through on his election pledge?
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2019 at 7:20pm
never - only trump here , its really pi$$in off the libs , funny how an honest man doing what he said he would do upsets the "political system" aint it ? 

why do we continue to vote them in ? 
MarkG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2019 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by hoadie hoadie wrote:

when was the last time you heard of a Canadian politician following through on his election pledge?

Well, Bill C-71 for a start. Rural Liberal MPs said 'just drop it, or we'll lose our seats in the next election', but Trudeau said 'we promised to pass it if elected, so we will'.

What's particularly stupid is that, if they didn't stuff the back-door gun registry into the bill, few people would even have cared. Most of the rest of it is still dumb, but dumb is the norm in gun laws.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2019 at 2:38am
gun laws...in England your supposed to use suppressors (silencers) on your rifle..here it's an assasin's tool & they are banned.

Think about it..England's laws are far more restrictive than ours...but allow proper "tools" in the name of saftey (in this case hearing protection & not upsetting the nieghbours)
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2019 at 2:56am

gun laws...in England your supposed to use suppressors (silencers) on your rifle..here it's an assasin's tool & they are banned.

Think about it..England's laws are far more restrictive than ours...but allow proper "tools" in the name of saftey (in this case hearing protection & not upsetting the nieghbours)

Not quite.  Sound moderators (Silencers) are require for some (very few) ranges but we are not required to use them unless the specific range regulations require them.

An interesting note to this... A couple of years ago a new range opened up at Silverstone close to the Grand Prix circuit and I enquired about booking range time for my Club. I was told that the local authorities demanded the use of moderators. Obviously they thought that the report from a rifle was more intrusive than the sound of Formula 1 cars and Super bikes.  I didn't book it.
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2019 at 3:02am
Hmmm...just back from my friend's place in Wiltshire. He is required to use moderators.
I thought he said it was a mandatory thing
Stanforth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2019 at 4:21am

Hmmm...just back from my friend's place in Wiltshire. He is required to use moderators.
I thought he said it was a mandatory thing

No. Only where the local council has stipulated it when granting planning permission for the range.

I would love to see someone try to fit a moderator to a SMLE. Clown
Life.. a sexually transmitted condition that is invariably fatal.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2019 at 5:50am
Goosic. Sounds like a challenge!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic