Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy Canada Day!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2019 at 8:06am
Oh, I forgot.
Don't freeze the beers!
English beer isn't served "warm" Dead but its not ice cold either.
Stick room temp bottles or cans in the fridge for 10~15 minutes is all it needs, the stuff is designed to be kept in cool, damp cellars, they are usually at 50 ℉.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2019 at 3:49pm
Wow! Now I gotta find a 2 pint beer glass!
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2019 at 4:51pm
Shouldn't be hard on the prairie...dontcha still use wooden barrels, kegs, & mugs?
Loose wimmen tightened here
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2019 at 6:30pm
yup - when thats how it comes - bottles and cans when thats the containers available , not picky 
Black Prince View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2019 at 7:00pm
A hire Harley form San Francisco 2010 all the way to Sturgis SD, covered 6,600 Ks through 8 states was a blast. 
At Sturgis went to the local rifle/revolver etc range and fired a 50 cal S & W revolver,put about 10 shot through it kicks like the proverbial mule, but fun.  
I know what I like & like what I know.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2019 at 7:02pm
Hoadie. I meant I'm not sure where to find such a small beer glass!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2019 at 7:34am
You can do 1/2 a bottle each in a pint glass, but its harder to pour that less volume slowly enough to make a good one.
If you get stuck I have several Liter (2.2 pint) ceramic mugs of various types.
Or there's this beast:

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
MJ11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2019 at 11:18am
.................Beer..............

The beer I had in the UK was pumped by hand at cellar temperature often like at the Shoters Bar at Bisley it was mixed 50/50 with a lime soda like Sprite.

Cheers

The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2019 at 12:58pm
A "Shandy" very refreshing in the summer.
The "Good Intent" the bar I worked at had a small stream running over the flagstone floor in the cellar. Perfect for keeping beer in the keg at 53℉ & 100% humidity, day in day out, year in year out.
There was sometimes a blind cave fish swimming in it as well he kind of came & went as the mood took him. The "regulars regarded it as a treat to be allowed down there to see him.

hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2019 at 2:16pm
Sham;
You just reminded me! I was invited (years ago) as a guest to a hunt camp in McArthur's Mills. It was their annual "clean up" weekend prior to hunt season.
All members were there to help. I was with Chef Barry Coppard (customer of mine)
On site was a well they used. Barry & I went there & he showed me the "blind fish" that come into it from the well. He dropped a few bread crumbs onto the water & it ate them right away...NO EYES!! I dropped in a few crumbs & NOTHING! I tried again...nothing Barry did it & the fish ate them right away. I asked why? He said: " Well, he doesn't know you. True tale
Loose wimmen tightened here
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2019 at 2:28pm
Yup they're actually pretty rare even in big cave systems with active water flow.
https://www.asianscientist.com/wp-content/uploads/bfi_thumb/4315233681_5403fde919_z-30v5ovbt3ygj0xulge483k.jpg
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2019 at 7:52am
Black and tan success! I received 4 pint cans each of Guinness and Bass beer from the wife. After chilling, my first few attempts failed. Finally, on the last two cans of each,  success! (Yes, I did have a few yesterday!)
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2019 at 8:24am
Yesssss Congrats!
How did you like it? The pre mixed stuff is rubbish by comparison.
Now if you want something similar, but not quite so "heavy" try this, made the same way.
Called a "Brown Split" or a "Dark Top"

Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2019 at 10:28am
That is one skokum beer Stein! Looks like a two hander! I will try it tomorrow as my daughter gifted me a 500 ml bottle of O'Hara's Irish Stout, which I've never tried. Boddington's is absolutely one of my favourite UK beers available at our liquor store. Cheers!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2019 at 11:00am
Its one of my German Liter mugs!
This is why you don't mess with that sweet looking St Pauli Girl in the Kaserne, she carries 12 of these full all night! One backhander from her & its lights out!
Ouch
http://sixpacktech.com/wp-content/gallery/st-pauli-girls/st-pauli-girl-01.jpg
Brown is a lot "lighter" than stout. Milder taste.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic