Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Number V "Jungle Carbine" recoil pad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zormpas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Number V "Jungle Carbine" recoil pad
    Posted: July 01 2019 at 6:46pm
Just received a brand new, reproduction recoil pad for my Number V from Numrich. Appears to be made of a different/updated material than the original as its partially hollow, but looks the same on the outside and is a LOT softer.

It'll be a few months before I can try it out shooting, but I think it'll be pretty nice - can't be worse than the 72 year old rock hard rubber!

I retained the old one, because Goddess only knows how well the new one will age - maybe great, maybe not!
-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2019 at 2:34am
I have one, looks the part but does little to reduce recoil.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2019 at 6:12am
Back when I had a No 5 I also had one of the Numrich reproduction pads. I liked it, it was far more comfortable. Still, the No 5 kicks like a mad mule anyway. Add some weight in the buttstock and it helps tame that recoil.
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2019 at 6:54am
Call me weird, but I kinda like the way it jumps! Short barrel... people at the range look twice wondering what the heck all the noise is!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic