Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Enfield Rifles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My lookin' at wall

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My lookin' at wall
    Posted: July 03 2019 at 11:39pm
.....Hug.....
Zed View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2019 at 4:04am
So which is your prefered one to shoot?
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2019 at 7:52am
The top one so far. I have yet to shoot the one under it.
42rocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42rocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2019 at 6:23am
Nice Wall. 

Later 42rocker 
Honkytonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honkytonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2019 at 8:47am
When I was a kid, every house had a rifle holder like that on the reccroom wall... and a rifle rack in the back window of their pickup truck. Those days are sadly long gone, due to "progressive" politicians. 
The Armourer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2019 at 9:21am
In the UK we are only allowed a 'wall' if they have been neutered.

Here is my 'floor' with a temporary lay-out.

From the Top

L42A1
No4T (BSA)
No4 (Savage in 410 shotgun)
No4 Mk1* (Savage)
No7 Mk1 (BSA) The only production repeating .22rf Lee Enfield
No5 MK1 (BSA)
No1 Mk3* (Ishapore action, the rest is a Bitsa)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2019 at 9:23am
The L42A1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2019 at 9:37am
The No4T
(RAF Issue)

Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2019 at 10:07am
[QUOTE=The Armourer]
In the UK we are only allowed a 'wall' if they have been neutered.

That is the saddest sentence I have read to date.

Here in Arizona we can proudly display our weapons of choice openly without them being neutered.  We still have gun racks in the back window of trucks and we can openly and legally carry a sidearm when holstered accordingly without permits. 

Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2019 at 10:10am
Very nice rifles you have,especially the L42A1. The 1943 No4Mk1* T rifle pictured here is a fake. It started life with me as a barrelled receiver.
The very early 1942 Long Branch below it was just a barrelled receiver less then a month ago. The No5Mk1 needed a new stock set and a barrel replacement.  The Long Branch on the bottom is now a .22 that has Parker Hale sighting bits on it now. I refurbished,rebuilt,restored and simply made my own sniper rifle. My wall is there to remind me of what I am capable of as a semi professional gunsmith and to show what a beautifully constructed WWII battle implement looks like to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2019 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Goosic Goosic wrote:

Very nice rifles you have,especially the L42A1. The 1943 No4Mk1* T rifle pictured here is a fake. It started life with me as a barrelled receiver.
The very early 1942 Long Branch below it was just a barrelled receiver less then a month ago. The No5Mk1 needed a new stock set and a barrel replacement.  The Long Branch on the bottom is now a .22 that has Parker Hale sighting bits on it now. I refurbished,rebuilt,restored and simply made my own sniper rifle. My wall is there to remind me of what I am capable of as a semi professional gunsmith and to show what a beautifully constructed WWII battle implement looks like to me.

I presume you are referring to 'your' rifles (Post #1)
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2019 at 11:18am
Your presumption would be correct 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2019 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Goosic Goosic wrote:

Your presumption would be correct 

I was starting to worry !!!!
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2019 at 1:31pm
I have a rack, not a wall, but its fully compliant with MD's "secured for safety of children". (If you don't have them it don't count they must be secured from Phantom & visiting "chilluns" as well.)
Ouch

Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2019 at 6:22pm
As a young lad growing up in Canada in the 1960’s, two walls of my bedroom were completely framed in pegboard with a nice collection of British and Canadian rifles.  Sadly, most are no longer in my Dads possession (or mine).  I should consider myself fortunate to have kept the beautiful presentation Snider Mk III, excellent condition Martini Henry Mk III commercial, BSA No. 4 Mk I(T), several No. 4 rifles, No. 7 Rifle and a Ross .22 Cadet. 

I deeply regret my father and I not having a discussion on how much I cherished those rifles hanging in the wall, he had sold most of them off for a fraction of their value before I realized it.  Well, we have made up for that misunderstanding X10 since then.  We talk for hours now on the joys of shooting these lovely rifles in Vintage Service Rifle matches.  

Yes, all fully functional and most were exceptional shooters.  I wished I had the Ross Military Match rifle, that thing was incredibly accurate.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic