New Rifle help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Rifle help
    Posted: July 16 2019 at 7:17am
E-bay or Amazon usually have both originals & repros.
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Linofva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linofva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2019 at 7:05am
I guess I need to find a correct sling. Any suggestions?
Linofva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linofva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2019 at 6:03am
The bolt numbers match what's on the grip. I see no others serial numbers on the gun.

Typically they might be on the mag and stock correct?
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2019 at 8:21pm
yup - save that ishy scre she looks really good and original from what little we see , i think you found a nice one , the indians got hold of a lot of these but their refurb seldom took off good bits , you might want to check numbers on the bolt and receiver but it could be perfect if you check the headspace before shooting it , 
Linofva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linofva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2019 at 6:44pm
I see a "FR" stamp
Linofva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linofva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2019 at 6:19pm
Linofva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linofva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2019 at 6:08pm
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2019 at 5:54pm
The one thing that I notice is the "Ishy" screw in the stock just forward of the mag well. Does the rifle have any FTR or FR stamps on it?
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2019 at 5:27pm
Nice.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...
Linofva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linofva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2019 at 6:13am
I do have they mag. These were the orginial pics from the guy I bought it from.
Shamu View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Logo Designer / Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2019 at 6:00am
Looks original to me, except for the sling. That seems to be for an M1 Garand? Do you have a magazine?
Don't shoot till you see the whites of their thighs. (Unofficial motto of the Royal Air Force)
Linofva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linofva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2019 at 5:09am
Full shot
Linofva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linofva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2019 at 5:08am
another 
Linofva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linofva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2019 at 5:03am
more pics
The Armourer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Armourer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2019 at 11:51pm
It is a US manufactured (Savage) Lee Enfield No4 Mk1*
About 3/4 of the way thru the production run (they made 1,100,000) in (probably) late 1943.

Without more pictures it is impossible to tell if Bubba has hacked the metal or woodwork, or if it has any special features (maybe it was a Sniper conversion ?)

Post pictures of each part and a few 'distance shots' then you'll get some answers.
Linofva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linofva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2019 at 10:05pm
Any info on my newly purchased No4MK1* would be appreciated. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic