Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > OT Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ANZAC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ANZAC
    Posted: April 23 2007 at 10:43pm
I take today to think of all those who faught and gave their lives in all conflicts for the country we love ..Long live the Anzac spirit.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

'SAVIOUR OF OUR SKIES BOYO!'
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2007 at 4:09pm
Amen to that !

Dave
Lost Kangaroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Kangaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2007 at 7:44pm
+1
Get some
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2007 at 12:46am
+2
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

ky_man View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ky_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2007 at 12:44pm
I didn't know about the ANZAC forces, but found information on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANZAC_Day

Thanks to all the aussies and kiwis for their service and sacrifices for a better world!
1943 NO. 4 MKI (Malthby)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Kangaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2007 at 1:12pm
I bookmarked this and watch it whenever I need a reminder of who I am and where I come from (sometimes it is hard when you are an Aussie living in the States)
Get some
allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2007 at 2:02pm
good stuff roo! ive watched it over 20 times..still the tears well

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Kangaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2007 at 2:03am
you wouldn't be an aussie if they didn't mate. i am doing everything i can to raise my boy to be proud of his heritage and country, i seriously think t.v, the movies/hollywood, the internet and all other types of "global" comms are turning us into one big lump 'o culture. i have been watching the steady erosion of aussie culture for far too long. i am from the bush, and out in the sticks you can still find aussie culture (slight oxymoron there fellas!) , the mateship, the work hard/play hard lifestyle, the generosity and willingness to give a mate the shirt off your own back etc.  Our major cities are just like any city in the world for the most part. OK, I feel better now, off to have a vegemite sandwich!!
Get some
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2007 at 9:08am
I suppose what scares me a lot is the fact that,many of the Sayings & slangs that I grew up with are slowly dissapearing from our culture over here . I getv strange looks sometimes when I refer to somebody being a Drongo ,or Gahla ,if I call somebody Cobber or refer to someone as being a cove ! Ask for a Jack Howe in a clothing shop (blue singlets )

Dave 
Tony View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2007 at 6:44am
Same all over Dave its called getting old. My two think our generation were feeding dinosaurs.  Youngsters today have very few values, mates come and go without a second thought. Biggest mistakes they ever made in this country was to abolish National service and corporal punishment in schools. Never did us any harm betting a wallop if we stepped out of line and we did respect our parents.  Little sods today don't realise that the likes of us made a lot of sacrifices for them to live in a free world.
Rottie (PitBulls dad.)

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons

Born free taxed to death!!!

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2007 at 12:05pm
I'm a great beliver in National Service! I always disagreed with Conscription  though ! The way it worked over here was 1 in twenty ,20yr Old males was Drawn for National service & out of those 20 yr Olds that were taken for National Service 1 in 20 was conscripted  into the Regular Army for 2 yrs & if your Regiment was due to do a over seas Tour so be it  6RAR being the exeption being made up at the time by entirly Consripts ! I have always maintained there were no Conscripts in Vietnam ..........Only Diggers !!!!! We did a Fine job ! It was the Stinking Commies ! In the Universities over here ,who stirred up the Hate towards us & gave santury to the lowest form of life on this Earth .............."The Nasho Dodger" Angry! These were the cowards who were'nt even game to do their National Service & there by shorten the odds of consription by those who (even if they were'nt in favor ) answered the call !   A Pox on all of them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Angry   To all those who spat on us when we came home & Abused us or threw animal blood on us ! The same Pox applies ! To all of the above low life pieces of Scum who attended the welcome home Parade (25 Yrs latter ) & cheered & waved ! Ya Hypocrites !

A special mention of Normie Rowe (a Australian singer ) ......You Bastard ! You whinged to everyone & anyone ,who would Listen ,about how being Conscripted  was a conspirisy to ruin your Career! How dare you now ! Speak out as a Veteran & boast of being a Returned Serviceman ! You Pratt ! The RSL & you were made for each other!!!!Angry
         Dave. ...............Blowing off steam
allan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2007 at 3:56pm

dave mate, i wasnt born during vietnam but i know, from the vietnam vets ,of horrific stories of what the general public here at the time were doin to our returned serviceman, and i too think they should be ashamed of themselves. the gutless wonders that ran from the aussie way...Mateship! and youll be there till the end for each other.

ive seen vietnam vets in interviews tell of how some of the "older diggers" in the RSL spoke to the vietnam vets saying "that wasnt a war". the vet being interviewed wept and could not go on any further in the interview through sheer grief,how our RSL had treated him and his regiment on returning. im sorry how at the time our country treated you guys dave, but on behalf of the ones that appreciate..you have my thoughts and gratitude always!.Thumbs%20Up
Hatchetman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hatchetman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2007 at 4:57pm
I hope our blokes over in Iraq and the 'gahn don't end up getting treated like that, it would be a tragedy. I have a mate who went straight from high school into the Army as an engineer.

He has been to East Timor the last time the sh*t hit the fan, and last I talked he was keen to go to the 'gahn as part of the reconstruction mission.

I think national service could be a good thing for people my age. I think it will help with some of the issues we have with various immigrant groups not wanting to be part of mainstream Australia, and other Aussies accept them, because they have served in the army/navy/air force together and can help to break the cycle of isolationism in ethnic ghettos like the ones that have popped up here in Sydney.  

I doubt we will have national service again though, with all the bleeding hearts and commies out there these days, they need to HTFU!
But the winters coming,

And the snow will cover tracks,

And I'll be watching,

Because I'm hunting you

- Sarah Blasko, The Gardens End
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2007 at 6:11pm
Look I feel I must appologize for the outburst in my above post ! I've been on a downa for this Break ! I suppose it's just a case of missing the Old life a little (he says having seen 3 more shooters join the ranks of BHP) I made a point of going out & dispatching a couple of Goats today with my Old standby  the MK1 (1902) I swear I'm going to retire that rifle & restore it ! Problem is when ever I feel down & open the safe it crys out to me that it's been with me for about 46vyrs now !

Dave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Kangaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2007 at 9:28am
Hey Dave. I agree with everything you said in your "rant" I served with, and know many vets from Vietnam and all I can say is, glad it wasn't me, not that I wouldn't have done my duty if called. My great uncle was a Changi pow, I just got all his service records from Canberra. We used to talk alot about all that stuff, after reading his records and piecing together info, I now realize that what he shared is the tip of the iceberg. It is kind of the same with me re. my service and I bet you anything, the same with you. You should never have to apologize for speaking your mind, if it is any consolation, when I have had enough, I go into my yard (coupla acres) and shoot anything that moves, or doesn't,  besides humans, just makes me feel a little better! BTW I worked with Normie Rowe when I was finishing up my time in the 2MD Band, he is even worse than you know, what an arrogant piece of sh*te, acting all like he was there with the buckets doin his piece. (I believe he told us he served in armored) All we can do is keep fighting the good fight, keep your chin up Dave, keep your eyes on the prize.....
Get some

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lost Kangaroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2007 at 9:31am
by the way Dave, you are a drongo, a galah, a cobber and a cove!! don't forget a mongrel and a numbat!! Funny that the slang you are talking about are all words to describe you and what you wear in your spare time!!
Get some
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic