Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Enfields > Ishapore Enfields
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Back from the brink

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Frameman 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back from the brink
    Posted: August 07 2019 at 4:23pm
a few days of cleaning, black enamel removal, cold blueing. Wood crack repair. And minor refinish repairs is now worth the effort.
Bear43 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bear43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2019 at 5:40am
It certainly cleaned up nice. The Indian rifles do have a lot of that black paint slathered on them and it can be hard to remove. Have you shot it yet?
Frameman 1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frameman 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2019 at 6:36am
I’ll be doing that this afternoon. I’m hoping it’s fairly accurate with the 18.8” barrel. 
The faux Jungle Carbine work was done before I got it.
Nonetheless I enjoyed the process.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2019 at 9:59am
Gibbs Rifle Co. Typically was the one that made the NoIMkIII* Jungle Carbine. I personally  like the look alot. Nice rifle sir.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frameman 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2019 at 11:01am
Thank you. Hard work pays off.
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2019 at 6:15pm
very nice , you got a keeper there 

the ausies made the real NoIMkIII* Jungle Carbine or no 6 in 303 but in so few numbers that they are one of the rarest to find and very expensive , 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frameman 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2019 at 12:38am
Yeah! Just like fake boobs, their not real but are still fun to look at and touch.WinkWink
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2019 at 7:06pm
there ya go 
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2019 at 10:32am
I was thinking of doing an Aussie No6 mkI, I know where there is a nice Lith Go sporter that would make an excellent donor, but with out paying a machinist big bucks to fab unique parts associated with these trial rifles it`d just be another chopped smle with a no5 muzzle device.
Parts referred to, unique flash hider with bolt on protector ears, rear aperture sight dove tailed into charger bridge/charger bridge re configured or remade to accommodate said sight, and or a rear flip up sight like the No4/5 singer type, plus the attachment point, drilling out bolt knob, lightening receiver and thinning the trigger guard, about all I could do would be the wood work
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frameman 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2019 at 11:12am
You’re right! That job would require not only real tools but real skills. I’m sure you can find that person but at what price.
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2019 at 8:05pm
it would be an undertaking for the younger than i but i think a sporter doaner would be the way to go and if i were younger i might think about it , 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frameman 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2019 at 8:15pm
Young or old isn’t the major issue, it’s the knowledge that is the determining factor.
shiloh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2019 at 4:01pm
When you consider that these were basically re worked Auzzie No1`s, thats easy, whats not is having a well equipt`d shop like the lithgow shop must have been.
Give a guy a drawing and ask him to bang out a couple hundred....
Now a-days a cnc shop would probably charge you a few hundred dollars just to do a one-off.
Lead from the front; eliminate all obstacles...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frameman 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2019 at 4:04pm
Thumbs Up
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2019 at 8:35pm
agreed - the shop is the key ,the time is the next part , life happens while we are making plans 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic