Enfield-Rifles.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Stuff for Enfields > Enfield Stuff for Sale *Must Have 20 Points to Post.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prescott Arizona

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prescott Arizona
    Posted: August 20 2019 at 9:12pm
Hey, would anybody like to take a drive over to Prescott?

There is a gun store selling DP No.1 Mk.III rifles for a hundred and sixty bucks. J&G Sales.
They are listed on their web site. Has anybody seen them?

There seems to be a selection of different years, all Ishapore.

I had no idea where Prescott is, so I checked directions on MapQuest. Head south, turn right, keep going. A 35 hour 1 minute drive from here. Its a long way from Almaguin to Arizona.  So if I leave now at midnight Wednesday, I can do lunch in Prescott Friday, and be back home Sunday morning?

I wondered if should anybody be in the neighborhood, would they go check them out and see what condition that the DPs are in? Please.
Look to your front, mark your target when it comes!
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2019 at 10:49pm
I typically drive through Prescott every other weekend driving up to Skull Valley Arizona to scout out deer for my hunt this October.  I'll drive up there tomorrow.  J&G Gun Sales used to sell No4Mk1 rifles for $99.00. That was thirty years ago but still...
hoadie View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2019 at 3:53am
I thought you were talking about Prescott, Ontario.(Not very far from you Simon). Y'know - where one of the war of 1812 battles was fought.
Loose wimmen tightened here
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2019 at 10:07am
englishman_ca. 
They only have three of them available.  1953,1956,and 1959 RFI.All of them have the yellow and red paint job,receiver drilled and welded up. The furniture is almost not worth saving. Very deep gouges in the wood.
englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2019 at 11:09am
Thank you very much for your time, Goosic.

Well that is a disappointment, but not a surprise. 

Usually, if in half decent condition, dealers will strip DP rifles down because they can make more money through selling them as individual parts. Big bucks for Ishy screwed DP wood these days.
If they are selling them off assembled, then that tells me something.

It was the wood set and furniture that interested me. Thumbs Down

Cheers, thanks again.
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2019 at 11:13am
All three have the Ishy screw but,attempting to refurbish the wood,would be fruitless. 
The sad part is that they have three No4Mk1* rifles. One Savage and two Long Branch. $853.79 USD for each one. A cutaway No4Mk1 for $725.00 USD. 
britrifles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britrifles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2019 at 4:19pm
Wow, that’s pricey for a No. 4 Mk I*, what condition are they in?  Must still be wrapped in the paper.

I bought a nice Savage Mk I/3 last year for $600 that I thought I over paid for it, but it was from a coworker and it had a new barrel and shot great.  
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2019 at 5:10pm
They were not wrapped in anything. The one Long Branch was stamped  RFI 1956 under the bolt handle,it had the L flip sight,and the lower handguard was loose fitting and pushed up against the the front sight protector.  The serial number was 16 L**** and was originally made in 1944. They want 795.95 for it. The Savage looked as if someone took a Dremel tool to the one handguard and made their own grooves in it. It had some pretty rough furniture, the butt stock was loose and the Mazak buttplate looked like it had been sitting in battery acid for a spell. That one is 853.59. They also have a 2A1 that was shortened to resemble a No5Mk1.  It is on sale right now for $1600.00.
Not worth the price for certain...
A square 10 View Drop Down
Special Member
Special Member
Donating Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A square 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2019 at 9:55pm
sounds like a long drive for nuthink to me ???????????
Goosic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goosic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2019 at 10:02pm
No,not really. It's a nice drive and there are some cool places to shop at around the town square...
englishman_ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote englishman_ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2019 at 6:00am
I got word that J&G now have about 200 of these DP rifles in stock, some with better condition wood.

I looked into the shipping and brokerage costs , it would make it an expensive buy for me here in Canada. I'll pass.

But if you live Stateside, maybe a economic way of a donor for desportering a shootable rifle?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic